[CLOSED/PM TO JOIN] Blackwater Station

The immediate area outside Naris Capitol city
Nevaraon
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:50 pm
Location: florence SC

Postby Nevaraon » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:54 pm

(0+quick 3= 3 again)

Havelock twirled his Glaive and knocked aside the weapon pointed at him. He placed a heavy boot on the downed warrior's chest. His weapon held at the ready.

User avatar
Hobbsy
Posts: 953
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:16 am
Location: Palmiston North, New Zealand

Postby Hobbsy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:45 am

//

User avatar
Fates End
Posts: 505
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:00 am
Location: Deepest Darkest Montana

Postby Fates End » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:51 pm

He wasn't quite certain how the orders given could be "unclear", due to their simplicity and brevity. But still, the Krieg Watchmaster felt a response was expected. "Understood, Captain." He saluted. And then turned on his heel, "9886-A," he stated. "Gear-check and prepare to move out. We're returning to HQ."

Now he had orders, a clear directive and a way to get his man out. The watchmaster was no less wary, not trusting these other guardsmen in the slightest. But still, the opportunity to get away had presented itself. And considering 9886-A's condition, He intended to take it.

If uninterrupted, the Krieg Watchmaster and his fellow grenadier would check their gear and head back the way they came, the hussars intended to escort them would be expected to keep pace. Indeed, the thought that the hussars might not keep up seemed ludicrous in the extreme.
"In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."

(Fates now has too many characters to link easily. Thus follow this handy link to my character thread and go wild.

Nevaraon
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:50 pm
Location: florence SC

Postby Nevaraon » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:07 am

Havelock rapidly started blinking and shaking his to clear his eyes. (0+2 Forceful= 2) whilst hopping back and down to remove the weight that had been slipped into his boot. (-1 + 3 Quick= 2). Icy claws of fear gripped at his heart with mental images of gruesome deaths flashed through the blinded man's head. He Had TO GET IT OUT AND AWAY!

User avatar
TheRedauthar
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:22 am

Postby TheRedauthar » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:22 am

"Gah!" Lohgan grumbled as yet another light flashed into his eyes. At least this one wasn't as bad, being mostly behind the mound, doing not much worse than the flash of a camera.
"Stupid, exploding xenos," he mutters, assuming that to be the source of the light. He rubs his eyes quickly before looking around for more hostiles.

User avatar
Hobbsy
Posts: 953
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:16 am
Location: Palmiston North, New Zealand

Postby Hobbsy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:44 am

//

User avatar
TheRedauthar
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:22 am

Postby TheRedauthar » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:33 pm

Lohgan pauses to consider the question...
At first he feels exhausted, and a feeling of worry for his comrades, but this soon is overcome by a feeling of pride rising up. A deep almost childlike smile forms on his face, "I survived my first contact with the enemy."
He quickly forms the sign of Aquila, "Sorry, Trooper Cade Lohgan, PFC."
There's a brief pause and his smile returns, "By chance do you have a chrono? I think I may have actually survived my first 15 hours!"

User avatar
Hobbsy
Posts: 953
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:16 am
Location: Palmiston North, New Zealand

Postby Hobbsy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:33 pm

The whiteshield's words brings a genuine chuckle to the Hussar, although it ends with a coughing fit. "Well Trooper, it's twenty two thirty hours and I pray the Emperor blesses you with many more to come!" He finally replies as he checks his wrist chrono for you. He looks up, and the joy you could read from his cloth covered face seems to fade as he continued "If only we all where so lucky.."

Following his gaze, you too are drawn back to the rider who was hit by the first volley from the ambushes. Another lancer discounts and checks his pulse, then closes his eyes before moving onto the wounded Cadian.

[[Sorry for the late post Red :oops: ]]

---

Now wounded in his shoulder, #4 struggled to keep up the pace which his fear forced upon him. He could vividly see himself getting impaled by a lance and pinned in place like his fallen comrade. As he ran, something caught his foot and sent him head long into the soft muck below his feet. As he push himself up on shaky hands, he struggled to contain the fear and regain his senses from the sudden fall. He turned back to see what he had tripped on, only to see the lifeless eyes of one of his squad mate for the second time that night. The mist had parted to reveal #3 lay there on the ground where he had been laid low just moments before. #4 had stumbled into the path of death once more in an attempt to flee from it.
//

User avatar
TheRedauthar
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:22 am

Postby TheRedauthar » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:28 am

Lohgan scratches his neck under his helmet, "Sorry, I didn't even think about..."

He notes the coughing, "Are you guys okay? You didn't get injured did you?"

User avatar
Hobbsy
Posts: 953
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:16 am
Location: Palmiston North, New Zealand

Postby Hobbsy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:54 pm

The rider's head snaps back to you at your question. "O no, not this night my friend. Just an old battle wound, that's all." he replies in his original lighthearted tone. "And don't worry about it, we are in the Guard after all. I'm Micheal of the 1st Polskie Guards Army, I assume you'd be wanting to get back to the Capital. Yes?"

[[Sorry again Red. I've been waiting to see if the others would post, but I think everyone has been busy atm (such is life).]]
//

User avatar
TheRedauthar
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:22 am

Postby TheRedauthar » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:18 am

[[No problem. It is what it is.]]

"Emperor Yes!" Lohgan lets out a audible sigh of relief, "I don't even know where here is, let alone how to get back to the capital!"

The whiteshield looks a bit sheepish, but he eventually admits, "I got lost, that's how I ended up here in the first place. I'm still not really familiar with the local area."

Nevaraon
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:50 pm
Location: florence SC

Postby Nevaraon » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:48 am

Havelock stood up with a nod to the rider who had spoken to him. "It is something after all." He quickly located his dropped Melta gun and whistled for Drax to follow him. Then he moved over to the young white shield and the hussar.


[[sorry!! I forgot to post my reply here. ]

User avatar
Hobbsy
Posts: 953
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:16 am
Location: Palmiston North, New Zealand

Postby Hobbsy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:49 pm

//

Nevaraon
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:50 pm
Location: florence SC

Postby Nevaraon » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:11 am

carry two? Havelock clicked at Drax who bobbed his head in assent. "I will be able to take him back. Though I had hoped to catch a few of the smaller owls before returning."

User avatar
TheRedauthar
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:22 am

Postby TheRedauthar » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:43 am

Lohgan sizes up Drax and Havelock for a moment, still a bit uneasy at Drax, but seeing them fight has opened a bit of camaraderie between them in his eyes. Still...

"Swamp owls? Didn't we have enough of those things? They're little monsters I tell ya!"

Lohgan shudders at the fowl...er...foul memory.

Nevaraon
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:50 pm
Location: florence SC

Postby Nevaraon » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:10 am

"Aye, but Raptgar hatchlings need something to practice hunting." Havelock replied stroking Drax's jaw. "Otherwise they'll be too sweet natured for warmounts."

User avatar
Hobbsy
Posts: 953
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:16 am
Location: Palmiston North, New Zealand

Postby Hobbsy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:18 pm

//

User avatar
TheRedauthar
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:22 am

Postby TheRedauthar » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:26 am

Lohgan shakes his head and sighs, "Well, seeing how vicious the swamp-owls are, we'll have the best warmounts in all of the Imperium!"

He attempts to climb onto Drax. It goes about as well as you'd think as he falls off, "Uh...a little help...please?"

Nevaraon
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:50 pm
Location: florence SC

Postby Nevaraon » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:29 am

Havelock cocked his head to one side eerily in a similar motion to Drax who also looked at the fallen trooper. Havelock then patted the Raptgar’s flank and clicked, causing Drax to lay down on the ground. Making it so the trooper could easily stand over the saddle. “I will walk for a bit.” Havelock said. He grabbed the net and cage from Drax’s Saddle, and walked over to the tree where the swamp owl had exploded, searching for any nests or hatchlings.

User avatar
Fates End
Posts: 505
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:00 am
Location: Deepest Darkest Montana

Postby Fates End » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:58 pm

The Krieg Watchmaster took the envelopes and slide them inside his greatcoat where only death or duty's end would separate they from he. Afterwards, he and his fellow prepared to head out. Back to basecamp, away from the sickly Polskie guard and their secrecy. He gripped his lasgun tighter, ensuring the strap was well secured over his shoulder.
"In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."

(Fates now has too many characters to link easily. Thus follow this handy link to my character thread and go wild.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests