Dropship Crash Site (Open)

The immediate area outside Naris Capitol city
CogboyMac

Postby CogboyMac » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:16 pm

It had been 58 minutes since Boson 66 Machariel Crash landed on this world and in that time he had suppressed the fires, and stripped 30% of the surviving parts that held the highest probabilities of being needed in the War effort. The brief Communion with 25-Zeltra had been more then tactical assessment. In the background, his Explorator Designate prioris codes had given him access to the Planetary tactical and comminications networks. The flood of Information almost mindlocked his Menial servitor, and he had to shunt it and restrict the flow to the Naris Region. He did not have the tertiary runebanks of the Fleet Cognis cadre to process for him now, and no assurance that he could repair any damage he did to himself. He had to slow down. 1800 processes per second would have to do...

A third vehicle was joining the Relief force, that would do nicely, and the current salvaged parts and Cargo with his Servitors and himself would allow 2.8% open in Weight Parameters.

A warning appeared from Servitor Jethro:
Contact: Alpha designate Naris Capitol guard within Weapons Range. Execute?
I Pet my Servo Skull...I love you Servo Skull...

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:34 am

[[OOC: Only an Erika post this time. Cannot do a post for Watchmaster #95-211 as he is responsible for the Vehicle Formation and Tal has yet to step on to the cart of the Centaur (Basically the Kriegers Attached a Threaded Cart at the end of the Centaur for expanded capacity, it has threads so it can keep up with the vehicle on bad terrain. Worry not, wheeled stuff can be attached at the end of the Cart, creating a chain.)]]

Mild embarrassment was an understatement to the Kriegerin's Condition. Sure she loved to show off her skills at the drawing board to her company and other safe environments, but then it was mostly maps, landscapes and profiles for intel purposes. if nothing but a way to prove that she still has value -and a reason to prolong her existence. No one ever asked Why did she draw the other sketches, those that held no strategic benefit and seemingly spontaneous in their timing. And for an absence of an order to explain, she did not really think of one.
Now not only she needed to explain it, but also format it in the Krieg Standard Speech Form for the Skitarii Alpha to understand better. The mere mention of the Speech Form was enough to tense her nerves; though she never showed it to the outside world the stress was there.

"Primary Reason: Skitarii Unit Zeltra-25 is an interesting unit to #316. #316 attempts to learn more on it, phyzical Details includet.
Secondary Reason: Practice of Facial Dravings for future Intel Gaterings."

That's the most fitting explanation Hass could make at such a short span of time and not really a lie. Hopefully it will suffice.

/

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:37 pm

[[OOC: Watchmaster Post for the Vehicle Formation]]

The Immense weight of the Myrmidon slowed down the Centaur once he and his Engineseer cargo stepped unto the cart.

#9453/95-211 made no movement or reaction save for "Affirmative. Issuing Orders." No more were needed.
++Attention Retrieval Force: Incoming Supply Vehicle. Updating Vehicle Formation, Chimera on Front- Truck centre-Centaur Rear. Out.++

The Driver of the Chimera squeezed the acceleration pedal and the APC surged forward in a speed those unaccustomed to fast vehicle manouvers may lose their balance and fall. No Krieger did, mostly because they were sitting.
At the same time, the Centaur made a sudden break and then resumed the advance, subsequently creating a wide gap between the carriers enough for one Truck and then some.

++North Gate Command, This is Dropship Retrieval Mission Force. Vehicle Formation Adjusted for Supply Truck. Ready it for immediate Deployment and integration.++

The Affirmation came shortly afterwards

/

Furbnus

Postby Furbnus » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:00 pm

Callus holds his arc rifle up to his face and watches as bolts of energy shoot across its surface, giving a prayer to the omnissiah as a beam licks at the sleeve of his robe. A jolt from the centaur shakes him from his trance and he studies the personnel around him. The other skitarii sit in silence, occasionally inspecting their weapons or adjusting their bionics. The Krieg, he realizes, are doing much the same but without the bionics. If he hadn't seen one blown apart many rotations ago, he would've thought them an eccentrically dressed cohort.

Callus activates his vox and says in Low Gothic "Madam Alpha, I predict that our mission has a 94.671% chance of desicive success with zero casualties among the Omnissiah's blessed." he hears the nco of the Krieg give an order and says in the man's voice "The others... Not so much. The failure of the mission would only happen in the event of the of the appearance of a knarloc, a cadre of combat battlesuits, or massed infantry. Awaiting further orders."
Characters:

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:37 am

Last edited by LaxKnight on Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:19 pm

Is she offering to assist her? Peculiar, but at the same time mildly humorous.
"Negatiff, Standing is unnecessarily Risky in a moving Chimera. Stillness is counter-productiff to zee practice of Drawing moving targets."
The Kriegerin's facial muscles contorted to A Very satisfied and even slightly smug smile when she continued her work. After a few moments, a thought came to her: What is so interesting in this Skitarii Unit for such a repeating description in the first place? How to single out the fundamental essence of peculiarity from her and identify its nature? What a better place to start than ask the Skitarii Herself?
"Inquiry; Akkording to Unit's Obzervazions, Vat is Unit's Uniqueness in Social Behaviour Patterns Kompared to Skidarii Units of zame Forge Vorld?"

/

CogboyMac

Postby CogboyMac » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:48 pm

Machariel eyed the shattered remains of the fireteam. Whoever the decoys were in the distance were, they thought they were clever; and that the gap in his bodyguard servitors sectors of fire was an oversight. They were correct in the conclusion that approaching from the ravine and jamming the Vox would interfere with the Auspex. What they did not account for was that they were facing a Priest Secundus with an ambition to become Magos. They failed to understand that when the Mechanicus leaves an opening, it is a trap. Their prey was not some single task adept, and his new enemies on this world would soon account for their insolence.

His gaze shifted to the woman screaming before him. His command to Jethro was .35 nanoseconds late, and the mass reactive bolt that created the shredded stump that used to be her leg was the result. As he cauterized the stump with his Arc cutter he wished his vocalizer was operational so he could convey the honor she was about to receive. He had vacancies in his retinue, and she was soon to begin the task of repaying her debt to the Omnissiah.

Tabitha Maru

Postby Tabitha Maru » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:03 am

++Acknowledged, Sled Dog. Glad to have you along.++

The cadian climbed once more into the turret and looked around at the make-shift convoy he was leading towards the crashsite. Down below the skitarii and the kriegswoman was discussing her drawings and the lieutenant smirked a little as he ascended, noone in the officer's club would believe him if he told them of that. Heck, he more or less didn't believe it. Who knew that soldiers beloning to the two groups could hold small talk like that. Well, they could continue as far as he was concerned, it didn't borther him in the least. Just fascinated him, that was all.

Looking out over the hollowed out buildings and habs as they sped forward towards their objective, the lieutenant sat silently. Their targets was still alive and thankfully now on guard from hostile intrusion. Judging by the speed they were making he'd soon be in range for more direct communications too. Loading everything onto the vehicles would take time though, which was concerning. He wasn't too keen on getting bogged down in a fire fight.

He threw an occasional glance out into the ruined cityscape through his binoculars, more out of habit than hoping to spot anything. As if trying to look through the lenses towards what future would bring. No enemies showed their faces either, so instead it remained a quiet (metaphorically speaking, there was nothing silent about chimeras). He found himself increasingly restless as he at there, expecting the t'au or the pdf to start jumping out of the shadows. It was getting increasingly distracting.

He reached inside his jacket and pulled his pocket flask out, taking a swig of the burning liquid inside. As if on cue, his racing mind calmed down and he focused on the task at hand. Settling down for the remainder of the journey towards the crashsite.
Thanks to blinddeadmcjones for the avatar

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:05 pm

The Krieg unit seemed to be experiencing some emotion(s) but Zeltra-25 still wasn't experienced enough to recognize them for anything besides some sort of amusement. However, she remained standing and tried her best to be 'natural', which was basically standing still as she watched the Krieg unit's pencil dance across her journal. She tried to imagine how her drawing would turn out and found it to be kind of hard. Was it because she didn't know the Krieg unit well enough or something else?

She snapped out her thoughts when Krieg Unit #9453/8-316 asked her inquiry. It was a question that she grappled with all the time but it was rare that others cared enough to ask. She was glad though that she was curious enough to take her offer. Exchanging of information results in a greater pool of knowledge for all involved. She processed her thoughts for a moment then said, "Answer: I am unique in terms of other Skitarii from my Forge World for three main reasons. 1) Unlike many Skitarii in my Forge World, and possibly the Imperium, I was naturally born instead of cloned as part of an experiment. This not only results in variance genetically but also means we tend to be older and more experienced. 2) I am an Alpha, equivalent to a Sergeant in most Imperial Guard Ranking Structures. It means that I am considered to have more independent thought than many Skitarii and expected to interact with Non-Mechanicus more often, therefore requiring me to be more adaptable. 3) There are several Magos who make different batches of Skitarii which can result in differences. Magos Biologis Gelsin Tamprus, who created me, is well known in my Forge World for trying to improve Skitarii and gather information. I am a reflection of this."

She paused to allow the Krieg Unit time to process before saying, "Query: Is that all you wish to know?"

CogboyMac

Postby CogboyMac » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:05 am

"Elias, Remove the base organics of Servitors Thair and Ovis. Prepare their chassis for transport."
Machariel blinked and captured images of the unconscious woman. While he was not a Biologis, he had, in his early years of service assisted the Chirugeon Magos in the Domus Servitoria of the Omnissiah Inviolate. He accessed the records of anatomy and physiology, and wondered if the components from the derelict servitors, namely the cognis partition modules were undamaged. He was well versed in the Logis, although he had a full laboratory to perform the rites of automation aboard the Inviolate. His task would be easier with another menial, and If this supplicant was not worthy of the Omnissiah's blessing, she would know the price of her treason before she died.

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:39 am

The Experiment was an interesting aspect to the Skitariii. 2 of the 3 Points provided were eerily similar to the Neueskrieginfanterie Programme:

2) Adaptability was an important aspect of this Experimental Regiment: not only they were able to rapidly switch stratagems to counter changing environments but also were trained in the arts of interaction with non-kriegers, and not only able to prolong a conversation but also make non-kriegers more readily accept their presence.
3) There were deliberate attempts at improving the base Skitarii Model and the base Krieg Model; Creating Alpha-Unit Zeltra 25 and Scout Unit #9453/8-316.

If Zeltra-25 not a veteran, then this Deployment is the In natura Field Test. The 945th Krieg did not reach this level.
"Negatiff. Addizional Invuiries generated by ansvers: Vat are zee Parametres for zee Test-"
"Unit #316, Convoy has passed through North Gate. Cease Uneeded chatter and ready for deployment"
The Watchmaster had to get the troops to full combat capacity, #316 is in this category.

As Ordered before, Erika immediately halted the conversation and reattached the Respirator back in it's place. The unfinished Scribble was closed into the journal and put back in its rightful place.
"Conversation will continue after Mission Completion. This Unit is ready for deployment, Watchmaster." She first addressed the Skitarii Alpha and then her superior, Accent more diluted by the muffling of the Gasmask

/

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:42 pm

Zeltra-25 listened intently to what the Krieg unit's next question was going to be but they were interrupted by the Krieg Watchmaster. Her eye lenses furrowed in annoyance but when Krieg Unit #9453/8-316 said they would speak later she gave her a nod of acknowledgment. She was severally disappointed that she could no longer speak to her but the promise of doing so later excited her. However, that left no one else to talk to and she didn't want to waste this opportunity to learn more. She turned her brown unblinking eyes deep in her Eternal Vigilance to the Watchmaster. "Query: Krieg Watchmaster #9453/95-211, how did you obtain the rank of Watchmaster?" she asked him.

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:32 am

Between monitoring the formation & communications between the vehicles and envisioning possible scenarios and its solutions, Idle Chatter was not among the first priorities the Watchmaster pursued. This Skitarii is strange in forgetting this fact.

Unit #211 turned its blank stare of twin reg goggles to face the Ranger Alpha
"Information Denied. This Chatter does not concern the mission. Krieg Units do not possess bionics enabling splitting attention. If Unit Alpha is determined to obtain information it will do so not during a mission."

hmm.. Apparently Kriegers are not very talkative, who knew?

/

Furbnus

Postby Furbnus » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:26 am

Callus rests his head in his hand and listens to the exchange over his comms, hoping to learn some critical information which may increase the chances of victory in the mission, when he notices the enthusiasm in Zeltra's voice drops slightly. The cold response by the Watchmaster made him concerned that the effect on the Alpha may lead to a state in which her leadership abilities are impaired. Lapse in judgement may lead to injury or death upon the target, current chance of mission objective being damaged is now 6.33%. Unacceptable, measures must be taken.

Callus activates his vox and says "Based on interaction with Imperial Guard regiments designated The Death Korps of Krieg, I have come to the conclusion that they will only divulge information in the event of psychic manipulation or if it directly increases the chance of achieving victory during an operation. I believe that understanding the reasons behind a promotion in rank does not affect the chances of victory in the current mission, therefore, I have arrived at the conclusion that my Alpha is in a state where she desires interaction as a recreational activity. I will do my best to fulfill this with my current abilities, please excuse my lack of formality. Narisian Swamp Owls are an interesting specimen, wouldn't you agree?"
Characters:

Tabitha Maru

Postby Tabitha Maru » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:43 pm

Fishing up a pair of binoculars the stout cadian lieutenant scanned the cityscape ahead, trying to see if there was anything in particular along their path they needed to take into account. There was something on the road ahead. A cart or something similar. Stacked to the brim with furniture, pots and pans and similar. Probably more refugees making their way to the imperial base. The people were walking with sunken shoulders, their eyes on the road and not on their surroudings. That suggested it wasn't a trap.

++Watchmaster. 600 m ahead is a group of refugees with a cart on the road. They don't look like a threat, but I'd like us to keep at least the width of the chimera between our formation and them as we pass them.++

It wouldn't be long now, before they would be getting close enough to the crashsite. Assuming there were no major obstacles along the road of course. That was always a risk. But with the crashsite being so close to their base, luck was on their side. He pulled his map up with the estimate of where the dropship was and jotted down their position relative to it. It wouldn't be long now.

++ Alpha, if we can keep this pace I figure we should be by our objective within twenty minutes and we'll be approaching from the south and I'd like you to inform the tech priest of this. Once we reach the site I want your people to take point, make contact with the techpriest and then secure the northern perimeter. Watchmaster, your people will be responsible for securing our southern approach and keeping our vehicles safe, with the engineers focusing on assisting the tech priest with recovery after the skitarii establishes contact.++
Thanks to blinddeadmcjones for the avatar

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:07 am

Incoming orders
now that the Kreiger can work with.

"Affirmative, Issuing Orders." ++Attention Retrieval Force; Civilian Obstacle, 600 metres. Avoid by 6 Metres minimum. Retain Formation. Assume Combat Positions.++

The Chimera Jolted to the side of the road soon followed by the Truck and Taurox while 6 of the Kriegers sitting in the Chimera stood up and sled their Lasguns through the holes made specifically for them and the turret of the APC moved from one side to the other scanning for hostiles. Ambushes using civilians is nothing new after all.

/

CogboyMac

Postby CogboyMac » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:10 am

With a faint hum, the servo skull lifted from his hand and began to float on its own once more before resting on its cradle on the Techpriest's shoulder. The anti grav unit would need to be recalibrated, but of all the things that survived the crash, he marveled that the skull was not destroyed outright.
As the mechadendrites retracted into his wrist, Machariel felt a brief flood of an emotion that he had not felt in a long time.
He was bored.
His neural and bionic enhancements provided him with the ability to make over half a million calculations a second, and for the moment he was running out of tasks to complete and assign. His cogitator was spooling data and processing at 75% of load. Everything that survived the impact was stripped, secured, and encoded for transport. The remnants of the Cargo was organized and prepared, his prisoner was dosed and unconscious, and the Chassis of Servitors Thair and Ovis were being freed of their base organics ahead of schedule. Machariel registered with disgust the note that it was the fire, not impact that eliminated them. It was their base organics that failed. Pathetic.

With a blink he devoted more processing power to the Local tactical net and began extrapolating data. Troop deployments, Munitorum inventories, local customs, It was then that he found a file locked in Binaric Cant. The registry showed several hundred attempts had been made to decrypt the file, no doubt by Organics, but none had been successful.

Machariel mused as he considered its name... "NOMEN".

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:20 pm

CogboyMac

Postby CogboyMac » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:59 pm

Machariel's normally green receptors flared with annoyance as the Ranger Designate Zeltra-25 requested another Communion uplink. The Encryption on the file was a work of Art, and had proven a challenge worthy of his attention. Whoever created it did not want anyone, Mechanicus or not, to see it. As his cogitators worked the possible sequences, the Communion request broke his concentration.

He cleared the data from his thoughts as he blinked open the Communion and spooled the Alphas incoming Data.

Engineseer Hephaestia Alexia he thought. Good, we may be able to proceed faster than projected.

"Statement: Thank you Zeltra unit for your update. I have been monitoring your progress via the Noospheric and Guard Tactical networks. I am synchronizing with your tactical network, and my operational data should register with your overlay, Omnissiah willing.

Statement: Area under enemy observation. Have repelled assault of platoon strength. Perimeter secure. Have taken survivor as prisoner: Female, Approximate age: 23. Right Leg amputated at knee. Condition: Stable.

Statement: Request access to Local Domus Servitoria upon retrieval to prepare Prisoner for Service to the Omnissiah.

Statement: Transmitting manifest and load sequence of surving Cargo and reclaimed components.

Directive: Inform Senior Guard Officer that Cargo marked "IMPERIAL GUARDSMAN UPLIFTING PRIMER" has been prioritized per Segmentum Commissariat decree.

Directive: Distribute Manifest data to Engineseer Hephastia Alexia"

Furbnus

Postby Furbnus » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:55 am

Callus perks his head up and lowers his protective lenses, the closest he can come to smiling. "This unit will comply, Madam Alpha. Skitarii combat efficiency will reach 96.2% by the time you have given. Enginseer Hephaestia Alexia will be informed of this information." He says to Alexia "Enginseer Alexia, we are 19 minutes and 23 seconds from the point of impact. We will make contact with the target and secure the north perimeter. Omnissiah protects."
Characters: