(COMPLETE!) Outpost Supply Run

The immediate area outside Naris Capitol city
DrAwesome2012

Postby DrAwesome2012 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:21 pm

As the thought occurs to him, Luskin pops the vox again. "Krast, keep the pilot light on. Its no brand, but it can cauterize a wound well enough"
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=77
Corporal Tayber Luskin, just an ordinary Guard sniper from Cadia, and Shas'Ui Kisi, a disgruntled Tau medic without a past

CyGamer

Postby CyGamer » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:50 pm

Who says the future has to be grimdark? Matt Ward that's who.

DrAwesome2012

Postby DrAwesome2012 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:07 pm

((Proper medical practices, mate!))
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=77
Corporal Tayber Luskin, just an ordinary Guard sniper from Cadia, and Shas'Ui Kisi, a disgruntled Tau medic without a past

Lieutenant Cornelius Aventis

Postby Lieutenant Cornelius Aventis » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:20 am

(( OOC Sorry guys work has kept me way too busy.))

" I recommend flat out as fast as we can back to the outpost, there should be someone there capable of stabilising the wounded, so we can get our arses back to Naris. The kroot won't be looking for a fight anytime soon, all we need to worry about is traitors, but I think we scared them off for awhile."
Lieutenant Cornelius Aventis.
Rob the Ogryn.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42

DrAwesome2012

Postby DrAwesome2012 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:32 am

++With respect, sir, can we stop for a sec? So I can try and help the the sarge?++ Luskin voxes. Getting to an actual medic was top priority, but he could stabilize the man, at least.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=77

Aishachan

Postby Aishachan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:04 pm

Makarov, having been busy moving the body of the man killed in Oxen 1 to be less in the way, finally added in. ++Ideally we shouldn't stop so near an ambush site, however if you're trained in first aide I think it would be an acceptable risk to get you over to the Master Sergeant. After that we should continue to the outpost. De Nongentia, can you talk? Are you alright?++

Currently playing:
The earnest-est little commissar// But what would a Commissar do? // There's a form for (or on) that!

Chief Kijek

Postby Chief Kijek » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:59 pm

The convoy rumbles along, moving south towards the outpost. The woods are pretty thin in this area and as they approach a clearing. Makarov keys in the vox, "Convoy, halt in the opening. Dismount and establish a security perimeter."

The vehicles circle and orient their heavy weapons outward. Lieutenant Aventis hops on the radio, "Luskin, Krast, get yourselves up to Bull 1!"

The two Cadian lads sprint from their Chimera to Bull 1, a first aid kit Luskin's hands. As the boys reach the vehicle, they pass by Andromeda, who catches Krast's eye. She gives him a nod and mouths, "good luck."

A small crowd surrounds Master Sergeant's bleeding body. He's on a makeshift stretcher near the back of the Bull 1. Aventis walks over as Luskin and Krast put down the kit. "We gotta hurry. Stabilize and let's move."

Luskin and Krast examine the wound, "Shit...it may have knicked the femoral artery. Gonna have to try a makeshift graft. Pressure there." Krast leans down above the wound, his full body weight down. Krast makes a Forceful check to stop the bleeding. (Got a 2).

Luskin pulls a Artex internal patch from the kit. It's risky but we'll have to try. Requires very steady hands. Using two thin metal rods, he carefully places the graft on the knicked artery. Typically a femoral wound is a death sentence but they may have gotten to him in time. We will have to wait to see if he makes it.

"That's all I can do for now. He's as stable as he's gonna get for now but we've gotta get him to the outpost. Gotta try to keep the vehicle steady, recommend a slower pace for less bumping."

Aventis ponders for a moment and nods. "Then there is no time to waste."

The convoy mounts up again and travels in near silence to Outpost Crucius. Praise the Emperor, no more enemy contact along the route.

Outpost Crucius is pretty small but it's got supplies, a fire, and its a defensible position. The sun is beginning to go down as they arrive. The outpost is on a rocky precipice overlooking the southern route to Naris.

The convoy arrives and it's all business. The scouts at the outpost greet their resupply but the guardsmen rush past them, carrying Chief Kijek on a stretcher into a little cave the scouts were using as their sleeping post.

Luskin overlooks the care of Kijek while the rest of the convoy unloads supplies, swaps out scouts, and gets tactical updates of the situation in the area. About an hour goes by, as the convoy finishes their business.

Makarov approaches the cave where Luskin is working, followed by the rest of the convoy crews. Luskin steps out from the burlap and wipes his brow.

"Guardsman. How is your patient?"

"He..."

(Luskin rolled a 1, +3 for careful - total of 4!)

"...says that I'm the ugliest nurse he's ever seen." Luskin grins and the convoy crews laugh the tension in the air away.

"We can prep him for movement whenever you're ready."

A call from inside the cave. "No slacking you sons of whores! Don't get to kick your feet up just because I've got a new hole in my leg. Let's get moving!"

((That's it! Sorry that the updates were so slow toward the end, traveling for work. Anyways, that wraps up this little adventure. No contact or anything on the way back, but feel free to describe any actions you take on the way back to Naris or after returning. Chief Kijek will live and be back to bother the guardsmen!)
Some call him "Sweet-tooth: The Artillery Chief with Metal Teeth;" or "The Tiny Ball of Cadian Fury." Call him anything but Master Sergeant to his face and you'll find out why.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65

Talancir

Postby Talancir » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:50 pm

The mission was concluded in due time. Some members of the expedition were unscathed; others had wounds that would become battle scars in due time.

++Krast, I'm buying the amasec. You just bring your flaming arse and we'll see what kind of action we can get into.++

Andromeda traversed her turret around lazily, taking in the verdant vista around her. It was quiet. Too quiet.

She keyed the Taurox's internal vox. ++So.... anyone got any good recruitment stories?++

CyGamer

Postby CyGamer » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:14 pm

Who says the future has to be grimdark? Matt Ward that's who.

Lieutenant Cornelius Aventis

Postby Lieutenant Cornelius Aventis » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:35 pm

" Krast, have you ever seen a Carnifex dance? It was a sight to see. First deployment, straight out of training, me and the rest of the 86th were sent to defend a world from Nids, when we got there our valkyries were being picked off so we had to do an orbital jump. My squad landed safely on the ground, next thing we know a damn Carnifex comes around the corner and the Sergeant from the 2nd squad was riding on its back with a plasma gun, we all just stood there watching as it danced around trying to get him off."

((Edit: I just realised I describe a scene from starship troopers by accident.))
Lieutenant Cornelius Aventis.
Rob the Ogryn.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42

DrAwesome2012

Postby DrAwesome2012 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:15 pm

++Your OPs? Going to shit? What a shocker!++ Luskin voxes. He smiles at Krast ++Thanks for helping with legless over there. Speaking of which, drink this, its all I have without proper pain meds. Illegible. ++Oh, oh, what was that? I couldn't here you from the Other Side of the Chime- smashing and cackeling ++Ah! He's got boots! KRRSSSSSSK
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=77