Out of the Frying Pan (Closed/PM to join)

The immediate area outside Naris Capitol city
User avatar
Fates End
Posts: 504
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:00 am
Location: Deepest Darkest Montana

Postby Fates End » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:06 am

The Relief Force (Malcolm, Luca, Lourn, Tick)

The militia forces seem content to let the Junior Commissar's convoy pass, now that they have Rankin. There are some nervous glances when he mentions a Grenadier coming, but they seem happy enough nonetheless. They step back and wave towards those still in the distance, ahead of the convoy. These figures retreat from the roadway, giving the Guard forces a clear path towards the village ahead.

As they pass, young Alaine calls out to the Junior Commissar. "The village doesn't need more death! It just needs time." And just barely loud enough to hear, "And I think we're just about out of that." But quickly one of the Militia is taking her by the arm and scolding her while the other keeps his eyes on Rankin.

For the Steel Legionnaire's part, he seems mostly shocked, and the expression of hurt betrayal he levels on Corporal Astora is immense as the Lucifer Black passes him by. But something glints in his eyes, and for just a moment a watcher might think that he's made of sterner stuff than many gave him credit for. For just a moment, he looks like a man waiting for the chance to commit murder. And that look is clearly directed at the back of Malcolm's head.

((Everyone, no specific rolls required. However, you now have five militia men and women at your back, and roughly ten up ahead of you and no longer visible. Be wary, Guardsmen))


Advance Team (Halvus, Erika, Hat, Joseph, #66)


Out in the forest, the return of #66 sours the mood of the pathfinders considerably, and the added confusion of Hat taking the wounded man with her and heading into town seems to puzzle them. Though is that a chuckle that one of them utters? Perhaps they know something the Guard don't. In either event, they now focus on #66 and the more immediate threat, making no move to halt or hinder Hat. Up above one of the drones peels off and hovers after the Penal Legionnaire, buzzing merrily.

((Hat, careful or Clever of 3 to watch your surroundings as you head into the village. Halvus is several blocks in, so it will take a few minutes to get to her. #66, no reaction rolls required at this time.))

In the village, Giselle backs up a step or two, distracted and seemingly frustrated by something she hears in her earpiece. "Damn it, boy. You had one job." She growls softly, focusing on Joseph a moment later. "Your convoy will be arriving shortly, you should probably go join them." She nodded back the way they had come, towards the main road and the approaching Guard convoy. "Best to make a hasty retreat. For all of us."

((Joseph, careful or clever of 3 to spot hidden details. In addition, Halvus is somewhere ahead of you, while the roadway and the village edge that the relief column is approaching from is the opposite direction. Choose your next moves carefully.))



And then. In the center of the square, Erika spots something with dire consequences. Her keen eyes are able to pick out five of the Steel Legionnaires as they excitedly whisper and point at the civilian woman sitting on the edge of the fountain. They break off from the main group, heading for her at a jog. The wind catches in just a way so as Erika can hear snippets of their conversation. "It's the one that got away!" One of them crowed. "Didn't run far enough." Another growled in response.

Unfortunately, focused as she and her unit are on the Steel Legionnaires, they are unable to keep good track of the rest of the rooftops. Is it possible something moved on one of the rooftops for just a moment?

From his position, Corporal Jackson can't see what Erika sees. The main body of Steel Legion prisoners are in the way, obscuring his vision. He does focus on a particularly scruffy individual at the head of the group who's now making a mad dash for the Cadians and shouting. "Where's the damn flare gun?! We've got problems!"

The same wind that allowed Erika to hear snippets of conversation works against Jackson, however. "What's he on about? Gun? We don't have enough for all of them." He growls, shouting at the approaching Legionnaire. "You don't need a gun! Orders are you aren't to hurt anyone!"

((Erika, from your vantage point you can see the break-away group heading for the civilian, however you aren't yet out of Vox jamming range and thus can't let Jackson know. Choose your next move with care and roll as you feel is appropriate. The lives of your squad may hang in the balance.))

And then, on Vox with Lieutenant Halvus . . . The Tau Commander sounds suddenly very smug. ++Tell me, Lieutenant. Do you have a first name?++ She questioned casually, suddenly sounding as though she were not just moments ago trying to shoo the Guard out of the village.

((Halvus, careful or clever of 3 to spot hidden details. Though it does feel as though the jaws of a dreadful trap are closing around you.))
"In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."

(Fates now has too many characters to link easily. Thus follow this handy link to my character thread and go wild.

User avatar
Hobbsy
Posts: 953
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:16 am
Location: Palmiston North, New Zealand

Postby Hobbsy » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:23 pm

//

blinddeadmcjones
Posts: 899
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:25 pm
Location: Australia

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:50 am

guard characters: ///

User avatar
Johannes Wyss von Krieg
Posts: 2073
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:32 am
Location: Ramat-Gan, Israel

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:30 pm

The Situation was going... Poorly...
The Steel Legionnaires were split in their foolishness: One Group was requesting to move their most valuable thing, namely the Fuel, through a Rebel Settlement. The Other was going to pick a fight with the poor lobotomised woman right at the Square's Centre. Both courses of action will greatly impede mission success chances. All while the roofs appeared to no longer withing the Imperials' Monopoly.
They have to act fast.

The Scout Leader removed her Magnoculars from her neck and passed them over to one of the Promethorans
*Everyone - to Hide. Everyone - to Protect, Me. You - To Watch, Roofs.*

Samuel gently received the piece of sophisticated equipment as if handed to him by Ursakar E. Creed Himself and used them... poorly...
The rest of the Promethorans, bereft of direct oversight did not fare any better, making missteping and tripping on their own legs the Scouts would have made glorious Shock Troopers which are entirely unneeded at this moment.

Hiding Bois:
-2 +3(Sneaky) =1 TOTAL

Samuel's Mishandling of Munitorum Equipment to search the Roofs:
-1 +3(Careful) =2 TOTAL


Partial Disregard for Directives is better than full one at least: The Situation Demands it within the rationale of getting those Soldiers out of the Village which cannot be done only by shadowing their merry meddling.

The Kriegerin rose to her full height at the top of the house, all human features Concealed by the Kit of a Kreiger and announced as loud as the respirator could allow, rivalling many a Sergeant Major...

"Attention all Legionnaire Units: Under Commissariat Authority, Ceasefire is in Effect! Failure to obey Orders or Attempts to Harm apparent Hostiles will result in immediate Termination! Oversight of Compliance conducted by Concealed Scout Elements whose covertness your actions have jeopardised. Return to Formation and keep moving out!"
The Scout Pointed right at the direction they SHOULD be walking towards.

8-316 was REALLY Bluffing with this one. In truth, she did not know whether or not this ceasefire had the approval of the Commissar but if such an agreement of negotiating with xenos was made by the Lieutenant then surely she had his approval! Termination would be a stretch though... or not...?

Angry Muffled Voices:
3 +2(Forceful) +?(Surprise Shouting) =5+? TOTAL


The Kriegerin utilised the shock of her sudden appearance to hurriedly whisper into Vox
++Scouts to Halvus. Concealment Jeopardised. Steel Legionnaires Demand for Flare, Apparently Artillery. Legionnaires attempt attacking locals. Attempting Containment, Commissariat Authority Invoked.++

Perhaps by showing themselves, the Enemy will do a foolish move and be drawn out?

At any rate, the Promethorans used the attention drawn to their leader to find better positions and train their lasguns upon whatever location the enemy may appear from.

Hiding Bois Take 2!
3 +3(Sneaky) =6 TOTAL

/

User avatar
LaxKnight
Posts: 931
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:23 pm
Location: United States

Postby LaxKnight » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:53 pm

Hat was glad to hear support for her actions by both Joseph and Halvus. She was also happy to know that Joseph was coming to help her; this guy was getting heavy. However, she heard a humming by her. She turned to find one of the drones were following her.

“Shoo! Get! Stop following me Abominable!” she yelled at it, “The ceasefire was on people, not things you hunk of junk! I’ll fry you if you don’t scat!”

Her yelling at it of course caused Hat to slow down but not pay too much attention to her surroundings.

[Rolling Careful 2 (said Clever in roll but same number and seemed more fitting) for whatever shenanigans Fates has planned]

[Total: 0 Fail]
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:



User avatar
Commissar Cat
Posts: 2177
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:53 pm
Location: Derbyshire, UK
Contact:

Postby Commissar Cat » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:03 pm

Turning back to look at the Lieutenant, Malcolm smiled with evident contentment, inclining his head very slightly and throwing an almost sarcastic salute.
It was entirely possible he was winking. The light filtered through the trees catching the white scar across his jaw and throat, and his peaked cap cast heavy shade across his eyes, making it too hard to tell.

Given the signal, the chimeras proceeded at a low rumble toward the village, and pulled up just outside, after turning to face away, ready to leave once more.
Lucan leaned out and looked at the village, thinking for a moment. Vox jammers and rows of buildings meant that there was no way to assure people knew they had arrived.

The junior commissar took hold of a laud hailer handset, and leaned out again, simultaneously voxxing his message on open channels.
He checked the volume to avoid blowing out any remaining windows or eardrums. His voice quite cheerful, the sound would reach at least some of the village.

++ Guardsman, Steel Legionnaires, this is Junior Commissar Lucan, your ride has arrived. Once able, you are to make your way here without troubling the locals further. Any cute mistakes will be dealt with summarily by the commissariat.
Transports are parked by the southern exit. Look for the green flare and smoke. ++
Aiming into the sky, Malcom fired one of the chimera's flares, and launched a small coloured signal canister. The surrounding air became distinctly veridian

(( Roll to correctly signal the troops with the flare and smoke: Roll 1 + Clever 2 = 3
Roll to further convince / persuade folk to come back this way: Roll 2 + Flashy 0 = 2 ))

Stepping out of the transport, Lucan stood wreathed in the violently green air for a moment, before deciding, "Lourn, you're in charge for a moment. I'm going to try and find whoever ordered those men to block our entrance. I don't trust them not to have now ordered for the same men to block our exit. I'll be back shortly."

(( Roll to locate Giselle: Roll 2 + Clever 2 = 4 ))

Using little more than his Commissariat issued sense of hijinks detection, and ears, Lucan ambled through the silent side streets until he spotted Joseph. It was not particularly difficult to discern the Bacaran from a distance.
Malcolm waved amiably and strode over with more certainty, "Afternoon, Omen. You found lunch, I see." he smiled brightly at both the guardsman and the woman stood with him, before touching his cap, "Ma'am."
As Halvus arrived simultaneously, Lucan also nodded politely, "Lieutenant. I stepped out to speak to whoever asked for the blockade at the entrance. I don't wish the same as we leave."

Lucan turned back to fully address Giselle, "You wouldn't happen to know who ordered the roadblock, ma'am? I'm growing fond of the child we found out there, last thing we want is an over enthusiastic driver to flatten people in front of her." his concern was apparent, though whether it was sincerely for the child or simply exasperation at incompetent guardsmen was unclear.

Mordian Characters:
Others: / / /

User avatar
Heart|Soul
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:08 pm
Location: Jacksonville, Florida

Postby Heart|Soul » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:03 am

Lourn gave the Commissar a salute as he stepped away. "Sir, yes sir."

He clambered onto the top of the Chimera, putting his head on a swivel. However, he was fairly giddy from being put in charge for once, so he wasn't really paying attention. Who knew what would happen next?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Careful: 4u1+1 = 0

User avatar
Fates End
Posts: 504
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:00 am
Location: Deepest Darkest Montana

Postby Fates End » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:06 am

Advance Team (Halvus, Erika, Hat, Joseph, #66 as well as guest appearances from Lucan and Luca)



In the square, the sudden shout from the rooftops and the odd, stilted language cause the mass of Steel Legionnaires to look up, including the five breaking off for the woman by the fountain and the man running for the Cadian squad. Corporal Jackson stared up as the Krieg scout made herself known, his mouth agape in confusion. "Oh, crap." He couldn't see the rest of her squad, but the fact that she'd broken cover must have meant something bad was happening.

The crowd of Steel Legionnaires finally moved in such a way that he could see the five break-aways, "Shit." He growled, pointing at the men and adding his shout as well. "You five! Get your asses over here before the sniper team guns you down. It's a CEASE FIRE! That means you don't go after the woman."

The scruffy individual that was heading for the Cadians gives a grunt of frustration and stalks towards the group, only now do the stripes on his battered uniform reveal his rank. "Corporal . . ." The man seems a mass of beard and scruffy hair, wirey limbs and a short fuse. But his eyes, blue as the sea and seemingly furious. "Jackson." He barely skipped a beat as he read the name on Jackson's uniform. "I'm Sergeant Aladain, Steel Legion. Give me your damn vox before I throttle you for stupidity." His voice was coarse and dry, but still carried with it the tell-tale markings of a very dangerous Sergeant.

"I . . ." Jackson froze. This was not how he expected his day to go. The man in front of him seemed almost more beastial than man, and oh-so-close to strangling people. "Yes, Sergeant." Autopilot was a wonderful thing, and he almost gleefully gave into it. A sergeant was here, and that meant he wasn't in charge anymore. He handed over his vox, and then as an afterthought, a laspistol.

Sergeant Aladain snatched the gear up, glaring daggers at the Cadian Corporal before he turned and gave his own screaming bellow. "Ye Bastards! Get away from that girl! Quick March towards the edge of the village or I WILL CUT YOU DOWN!" This, at least for the moment, seemed to get them moving again. The five who were heading for the civilian reluctantly turn and head back to the main group while their sergeant stared icily at them. He only breaks his gaze for a moment to take note of the green flare from the edge of the village as well the vague electronic screeches of a loudhailer, nodding in firm approval.

((Erika, congratulations. You have saved the life of a possible traitor and prevented the cease-fire from being broken. Your fellow squadmates are still hidden,zero though they also we're unable to spot anything on the rooftops. No specific rolls required at this moment.))


For Halvus, there is a sudden silence to her Vox conversation with the Tau Commander. Perhaps something else has taken her attention? The flare in the distance heralding the arrival of the relief column? In any event, the Vox channel is utterly silent. The elderly town Mayor is not cowed however by the arrival of the heavily armed officer, nor the arrival of Junior Commissar Lucan and the Lucifer Black that followed him like a lethal shadow.

Her voice is distant as she first answers the Lieutenant, "I'll be staying here, thank you so very much though for the offer." She gives Halvus a somewhat bemused smile that is strangely, or perhaps more frighteningly, unafraid.

Her look did not change as she stared coolly to Lucan, though her eyes did narrow when he mentioned the child outside the city. "I instructed the blockade. Your people have hurt mine more than enough, I'd prefer you stay outside the village limits. As you're standing here, obviously someone at the blockade lacked a spine." Her voice lacks any of the warmth it held when speaking with Joseph, and though her eyes gaze to the tall Lucifer Black with a touch of surprise, she otherwise remains stoic, as though waiting for something to happen.

And then Joseph. Poor Joseph, two officers and a Lucifer Black from Terra itself, all standing around him. But perhaps he was the only one to see the danger. For his eyes were keen and his mind wary. Standing a little behind Giselle, in the shadow of a building . . . two shimmering shapes barely catching in the light. Tau Battlesuits. No more than twenty feet away and protected by some sort of stealth field. The glimpse is gone in an instant, their forms are extremely well-hidden and it seems they do not intend to move.

((Joseph, you have spotted two Tau combat units. If your knowledge from briefings holds true, they are Stealth Suits and likely heavily armed. Giselle is in the line of fire between yourself and the suits, though she offers no such blockage for Halvus or Lucan and Luca. No specific rolls required at the moment.

Halvus, Lucan, Luca, You have not spotted the suits yet. So as of right now, no specific rolls required.))


And then for Hat, traveling down into the village? The way is slow-going, but fortunately nothing jumps out to eat you. The body is heavy and the footing is tricky, but you make it into the village with little trouble. Ahead you can hear the sounds of voices, Joseph? Halvus? You're close. Maybe a street over. At the least your shouting has caused the Drone to stop following you, or perhaps it just doesn't want to enter the village.

((Hat, while you were unable to spot anything of particular value, you made it into the village and almost to the meeting point with Halvus. Careful or Quick of 3 to watch out for danger in the village. No other rolls required right now))

Out in the forest, there was a bit of an awkward standoff happening. Pathfinders stared at the Grenadier. And the Grenadier's faceless mask seemed to stare back. Now they seemed antsy again, shifting and wiggling as the gentle breeze rustled through the forest.

((#66, Your foes are restless, but no one's started shooting yet. No rolls required at the moment.))



The Relief Force (Lourn, Tick)



As to the Chimera's waiting at the edge of the village? The wind blew, scant leaves fluttered uncertainly, and nothing attacked. The rumble of the engines and the smell of burning fuel made it hard for anyone to get a good grasp of the surrounding area. Lourn, atop his Chimera was able to spot boarded up windows and little else. No ambush was evident, though if a gaze were given to the rear, a few of the civilians that had been apart of the blockade were still visible in the far distance, standing on the road.

((Lourn, careful or quick of 3 to scan for dangers to the convoy))
"In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."

(Fates now has too many characters to link easily. Thus follow this handy link to my character thread and go wild.

User avatar
Hobbsy
Posts: 953
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:16 am
Location: Palmiston North, New Zealand

Postby Hobbsy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:52 am

//

User avatar
Commissar Cat
Posts: 2177
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:53 pm
Location: Derbyshire, UK
Contact:

Postby Commissar Cat » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:07 pm

"Oh!" Malcolm appeared genuinely cheered up by the bread. He realised that while it was fairly simple bread, it was Joseph's, and Joseph as a conscript had had precious little by way of possessions or rights. The junior commissar fished his other hand into his inner pocket, wondering if he had any lho to give in exchange. While he didn't possess kindness, he did have a rigid sense of fairness.
"...Thank you, Joseph. It's been a very long day." Lucan instead handed back a small pair of recognisable stamped cards; ration tokens for bottled alcohol. His life since arriving on base had been too busy to ever cash them in.

Unaffected by Giselle's glare, Malcolm gave her a tired smile, "Your men did did you proud. Unfortunately my entire training revolves around coercing the stubborn to move." he held up his free hand, "However the chimeras are not in the village. Nor are they going to be... You may not trust me, but trust that I work for the Commissariat. And Commissar Holt has implicitly ordered that we work to aid the people of Naris better their relationship with the Imperium."

Lucan turned his head for a second to watch Joseph wander away, and then seeing the man jam a finger in his own ear, Malcolm looked away again, in case the grubby little urchin decided to eat what he found in it.
He blinked and covered up listening to the vox by biting off a bit of his bread, and chewing peacefully.
"For what it's worth, and I accept that's very little, Naris base didn't know that the Steel Legion were here. The man we followed out here lied; we didn't know that they had caused you harm. Those who did will be held accountable."

The junior commissar looked down at the bread, it was very calming, as it actually made sense; bread was bread.
"I have to ask though, why did you hold the Legionnaires? If you wanted us to leave your village alone, why not set them loose or dispose of them?" he continued to look at his hands, then back to Giselle, "There are so many possible reasons, I'd ask to know yours, rather than guess."

Malcolm turned to regard the shimmering air around the crisis suits, and took another mouthful, and looking thoughtful, before swallowing.
"Ah. Nobody needs to get hurt today. Surely?" he turned his head to look at Giselle again, his violet eyes still curious, if a little forlorn, "Or was the cease fire only ever going to be one sided?"
He made no move to take his weapon, nor to threaten the woman, instead gazing at the shimmering unclear blurs and back down at his bread, suddenly looking quite tired. It'd be nice to get to finish it.


Mordian Characters:
Others: / / /

User avatar
Warsmith Wolf
Posts: 478
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:32 pm
Location: Nara, Japan
Contact:

Postby Warsmith Wolf » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:42 pm

Ferrum honore veniat.


blinddeadmcjones
Posts: 899
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:25 pm
Location: Australia

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:08 am

"suit yourself" Halvus replied casually to the old woman rejecting her offer, for the most part she stayed silent and still, save to give Malcom a nod when he appeared, even when she got the vox warning about the stealth suits she didn't move other than to to glance out the corner of her eye towards the shadow that omen was referring to.

it was only when Giselle complained about her militias 'lack of spine' that the lieutenant saw fit to comment "that is one way of looking at it." she mused loudly with a smile still plastered on her face "another way would be they had enough sense to realize that bodies make for very poor roadblocks, either way it doesn't speak well to your ability to command, no? i wonder what that blue handler of yours would think about that? i suppose thats what you get for trying to have farmers play at war."
guard characters: ///

User avatar
LaxKnight
Posts: 931
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:23 pm
Location: United States

Postby LaxKnight » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:46 pm

Why did this guy have to be so stupid to run around in a warzone? Why couldn’t they just burn this nest of traitors down? Why did bodies have to be so heavy?! It’s a good thing she’s used to carrying heavy things. Hopefully he hasn’t died yet for Hat finally made it inside the village. She started to hear some voices. Was that Joseph? And perhaps Halvus? Oh good!

It was then that Joseph’s report over the vox came into her ear. Stealth Suits? Oh no! Screw this body; she had to get out of here! She ain't dying for some no good traitor! Not being completely heartless, she put the body next to a door and knocked before dashing off, her flamer back in hand. Fire was man's best friend, especially against Stealth Suits. Thank the mighty Flame Lord for giving man fire!

++ Hat to Halvus, I ditched the guy in the village. I'm coming to you and Joseph! I ain't being alone in a place full of Stealth Suits! ++ she said over the vox.

Hat found that since she was no longer carrying the dirty traitor she was not only a lot more faster but also much more paranoid.

[Rolling Quick 3 to spot the thing.]

[Total: 5!]
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:



User avatar
Johannes Wyss von Krieg
Posts: 2073
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:32 am
Location: Ramat-Gan, Israel

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:51 pm

The value of the takeover by the Sergeant was yet to be determined, cpl. Jackson's lack of spine however was noted.

"Listen" the Kriegerin's whisper came even lower through the muffling respirator.
"I will distract the Xenos' eyes. When distance between us is 2 buildings, you relocate to shadow the ground troops. I will rejoin you."

No whisper came back so they were at an agreement.

The Team Leader suddenly dashed to a direction away from the town hall, the square and the extraction point. Skipping and jumping over houses, sometimes even randomly running around in circles with little to no effort entirely to conceal herself until one fated moment:

Emergency Stairs. Finally.

When trying to jump to the next roof like the times done before, the scout slipped and fell down to the street halfway there. Or... so it appeared to be...

Dagngling from the side of the building by a grapnel's rope, Erika gently descended to the stairs and, once on the metal mesh, a full bodied pull yanked the offending piece of metal out from the wall's comfort zone in order to retrieve it.

Now, supposedly out of direct line of sight, Erika hugged the flat surface to her side and deftly navigated through the town's pastoral architecture, swinging from emergency stairs to emergency stairs in a practiced manner, sometimes rising just beneath the roofline to see through the trench periscope how are things up above.

And so the cat and mouse game proceeded until the mouse decided itself safe and decided to finally join its brood.

Meanwhile, the Promethorans did as ordered, fully knowing while not in mortal danger, should it happen they would be the primary target if spotted so watching over the recently P.O.W.s has taken a secondary priority. After all, Jackson is there and can shout one way to communicate with the scouts and the Sergeant may indeed be reasonable after all.

"Status report." Erika whispered over to one of her team members while combining the trench periscope with the magnoculars to keep the lowest possible profile when observing the horizon in search of the foe.

Erika Sneaks
Rolled: 2 +?(Cameleoline against not Tau) +? (Misdirection) +3(Sneaky) = 5+?+? TOTAL.

Erika Looks for Enemies not to Fight
Rolled: 2 +1(Magnoculars) +3(Careful) =6 TOTAL

Promethorans looking at Legionnaires
Rolled: 1 -1(Not very good at looking and Hiding) +?(Their skill) =0+? TOTAL
Last edited by Johannes Wyss von Krieg on Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

/

User avatar
Heart|Soul
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:08 pm
Location: Jacksonville, Florida

Postby Heart|Soul » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:20 pm

Lourn shook himself out of his little world and began looking around, for real this time. And this time, he swore he saw something, though he wasn't sure exactly what it was. He craned forward a bit, squinting to get a better look at it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spotting the things with his eyeballs: 4u1+3=5

User avatar
Fates End
Posts: 504
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:00 am
Location: Deepest Darkest Montana

Postby Fates End » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:05 am

The Relief Force (Lourn, Tick)


Outside the village it is relatively calm, the Chimeras idle their engines and their turrets track for targets unknown. The drivers and Cadians assigned to guard the convoy look around nervously, it's been curiously quiet. They expected a fight and there hasn't been one. Any soldier would normally be set on edge by this chain of events. When one is expecting violence, the worst thing that can happen instead is a conspicuous lack of it.

Lourn though, his eyes are sharp and he spots something atop the roof of the nearest building. A pair of humans peeking outside a barely open window. It wasn't open a moment ago, but now it most definitely is. Sitting just inside the window is something that looks suspiciously like the barrel of an enormous rifle. It's not something that immediately rings any bells. But the Phantine would likely recognize the size of the weapon as being able to damage even a Chimera.

((Lourn, congratulations. You've spotted what looks to be some sort of anti-tank weapon in the closest building. Two visible humans and a heavy weapon. No specific rolls required at the moment))



Advance Team (Halvus, Erika, Hat, Joseph, #66 as well as guest appearances from Lucan and Luca)




Giselle glanced serenely towards the officers arrayed in front of her, inclining her head. Did she realize they knew about the suits? Did she know about the suits? She spared a somewhat amused smirk to Halvus, but didn't direct a response as such to the insult given. Instead she addressed the group as a whole, answering the Commissar's question. "You'd have come either way. Better to have a bargaining chip than let you destroy my village whole-sale. And even if your Chimera's aren't in the village, you are. And you're guard." She spoke with a soft conviction, locking eyes with each of the guard representatives in turn. "Also, as a rule I don't murder people. Unlike those dead men hanging from our gallows. Murderers and rapists, the lot of them. Those you ought to hold accountable are dead, Commissar. Though I'm sure in true Guard fashion you'll execute a few more. Or all of them." She sneered at the thought, "Only one left I've a mind to hurt is that rat of a Lieutenant. I wish to the Emperor that it wasn't his unit that ran into us first. The others proved a far more reasonable bunch."

She paused for a moment and then spoke again. "And seeing as the suits haven't killed you yet. I'd wager it's a pretty solid cease-fire, eh Commissar?"

There was a pregnant pause as she stared at the group before something boomed in the far distance. Deeper into the forest. For all to see a pair of red flares arc high into the cold sky and hang there, glowing baleful eyes. This is immediately followed by a reverberating explosion from the same direction and an eruption of gunfire. Something out in the forest beyond the village has sprung into action. More booms and thumps ring out, including a pair of of heavy "whumps" that sound like some sort of heavy artillery piece.

Giselle cast her eyes back at the flares in surprise, clearly befuddled. "How the hell did they get so close?" She snapped, clearly to someone on the other end of her commlink.



((Halvus, Joseph, Lucan, Luca. Two things are very clear at this moment. She knows you know about the suits, and the sounds of combat are ringing from deeper in the forest. Those of you versed in Imperial Artillery will recognize the tell-tale whump of a Basilisk in the distance. An Imperial Artillery piece is in operation. No rolls required at the moment, choose your next movements with care))


Just a street over, Hat can also see the flares hanging in the sky and hear the sounds of war beckoning. But something more pressing catches her eyes. A chance glance upwards spots a trio of Fire Warriors slinking along the rooftops of the building she's under. They don't seem to realize she's there, or have momentarily forgotten. Their gazes as one are turned towards the flares in the distance and their stances are tense. Heads bob up and down as they converse within their helmets, seeming to relay communications.

((Hat, your rolls have revealed a squad of Fire Warriors above. It's doubtful they realize you're there yet. No reaction rolls required.))


Further towards the center of the village, the flares are beckoning. But Erika has larger problems. She'd looked for targets, and indeed she found them. Standing atop the government building, momentarily silhouetted in the glare of the flares backed by the grey skies. A pair of Stealth Suits were watching the Steel Legion forces retreating along the main road. And two buildings over more targets appeared, several humans with slug-throwing rifles backed by a Tau Pathfinder.

Down on the ground the allied forces are moving at a quick pace. Egged on by the piercing stare of the woman sitting at the fountain. Still a statue, only moving to breath in and out. The steel Legion and accompanying Cadian squad are heading out. But the Steel Legion Sergeant pauses, looking back at the woman and thinking differently for a moment. He follows her gaze and looks to the soldiers who tried to accost her. An exchange of words passes between them before he singles two men out of the group and turns them around. Heading back for the woman, the two men trailing uncertainly behind him.

Corporal Jackson calls out, noting the flares in the sky and the thud of explosions in the distance. "Sergeant, we need to fall back."

Sergeant Aladain seems single-minded, however. Marching towards the woman with singular purpose. "Give me sixty seconds, Corporal!" He roars back, his voice bellowing across the square.

((Erika , Your foes have flubbed their own stealth rolls. However they did roll a 5 to try and spot you. As it's a tie, they don't know your exact location, but they are definitely aware of your rough position and are on guard for possible fire. This will be a bonus for them in case you open fire on them. The Steel Legion Sergeant seems to be approaching the woman, dragging two of his fellows with him. His intentions are unclear and if his pace stays true he'll get to her within twenty seconds or so. You'll need a 6 in any stat of your choice to try and ascertain his motives. Also a sneaky or careful of 5 to remain hidden, your foes are searching))


And finally out in the Forest. The Krieg Grenadier isn't exactly closer to the combat than the others. But in the forest the sounds are carrying a slightly different and more immediate tone as she catches the echoing whumps of Leman Russ fire. Additionally, it seems that her vox is in a position to catch snippets of a Vox hail. No other Imperial Guard units are close enough to hear this. ++All friendly guard units, this is Steel Legion third Company. Com--ncing fin-l P-sh. Heading for civi--an --llage++ The voice is garbled. Barely understandable. ++Heavy Tau pr--ence. Be wary. they're ev---where++

The Pathfinders opposite the Grenadier are chattering amongst themselves. The sounds of combat are a surprise to them as well, one of them turns to look deeper in the forest, trying to catch a glimpse of something, anything.

((#66, You are uniquely positioned to hear a garbled transmission. Allied units are apparently deeper in the forest and it seems heading for the village. No reaction rolls required at this moment.))
Last edited by Fates End on Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."

(Fates now has too many characters to link easily. Thus follow this handy link to my character thread and go wild.

User avatar
Warsmith Wolf
Posts: 478
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:32 pm
Location: Nara, Japan
Contact:

Postby Warsmith Wolf » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:01 am

Ferrum honore veniat.


User avatar
Heart|Soul
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:08 pm
Location: Jacksonville, Florida

Postby Heart|Soul » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:31 pm

Well then. That was a very large gun. He'd seen larger, but it was still quite impressive. And even though he wasn't entirely sure if it could damge the Chimera or not, he certainly didn't want to take any chances.

He took a quick look around, sizing up the situation. There had to be at least two people manning that weapon, given its size, though there could easily be more; and while it was possible there was another set up somewhere, it was highly unlikely, since this was just a simple village. Furthermore, due to its probable weight, the weapon likely couldn't be moved that quickly if the Chimera left its line of sight. Really, there was only one option he could see, though he had to admit, he was making a lot of assumptions.

He clambered into the Chimera and quickly made his way to the driver's compartment, grabbing the vox receiver.

"Sirs? We got a large gun pointed at us. I'd like to recommend moving this up. If they hit this fuel tank..." He hesitated. "If they hit it, the civilians might get hurt. An explosion this size won't be pretty."

----------------------------------------------------------

Figuring out likelihood of an additional gun (Clever): 4u1+2=5

User avatar
Commissar Cat
Posts: 2177
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:53 pm
Location: Derbyshire, UK
Contact:

Postby Commissar Cat » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:57 pm

(@ Joseph, Hat, #66 primarily)

Hat's vox came through, and Malcolm lowered the remaining breadcrust he was about to pop into his mouth, stashing it in a handkerchief in his coat.

++ Hold back there, Clesh, immediate area is hot. Sending Joseph to you. I'd suggest you both regroup with Unit #66 and escort them to the transport, ensuring nothing jeopardises the current negotiations. ++
Malcolm nodded to Joseph, "Go. Find your friend. Do try and stop either of them from doing anything... Needlessly rash." a flicker of concern passed across his face, knowing it was a sizeable ask.

*
Lucan listened to Giselle with a faint puzzlement on his features, as though trying to take in the situation. It gave him a somewhat younger appearance for a moment.
It faded, his expression returning to one of consideration, "I see. It may just be your Candlemass come early then, ma'am. Considering I handed the lieutenant over to your custody in exchange for safe passage-"

The flares caused the junior commissar to raise his head. His pale eyes reflected the red, almost taking the colour on as their own, as he glanced up, unblinking. The thudding artillery caused him to startle slightly, spell broken.

As Giselle muttered into her own vox, Malcolm listened to #66's message.
++ Understood. Will attempt to make contact with allied forces. Accompany the runners we send, ensure they get there safely. Lucan. ++

Still visibly rattled, Lucan stepped closer to Giselle, "They don't know we're here. They have no reason not to flatten your entire village in order to pass through it. Unjam the damn vox and let us stop them, or we're all dead regardless."

Either the intensity of his stare, or force of his words swayed both Giselle, and the Tau leader.
With a soft pop and crackle in everyone's earpieces, the vox channels returned, jammers disabled for now.
"...Thank you."

Praying the Steel Legion had an open channel, Lucan broadcast outward.
++ Steel Legion, this is Junior Commissar Lucan, working with Lieutenant Halvus, Imperial Guard Naris Base. Cease artillery and pass around the civilian village. We are present, in the midst of a negotiated ceasefire, retrieving your allies. The majority still live. I repeat, pass around the village. ++

Malcolm span and gently caught Joseph by the upper arm, "Change of plan. We need runners to those Steel Legion, in case they think the vox order was a trick, or feel a little deaf... We need you to guide them past us, and enforce the ceasefire. You think you can do that with Unit #66 and Clesh?" slight strain showed in Lucan's eyes as he swallowed, wondering how two conscripts and a Krieger bursting out if the bushes would appear to the Steel Legion.
"Look. Take this." unhooking the laureled skull crest from his lapel, Malcolm pinned it securely to the front of Joseph's shoulder strap, "It should show anyone else that you indeed speak fir the Commissariat." he smiled quite tiredly, "...Please don't lose it, I can't replace it."

(( Roll of Forceful, total 5 to convince Giselle and the Tau to unlock the vox channels.
GM agreed that vox returned for the time being ))

Mordian Characters:
Others: / / /

blinddeadmcjones
Posts: 899
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:25 pm
Location: Australia

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:18 am

upon hearing the faint whump of distant artillery fire, a look of displeasure went across the face of the lieutenant for the first time that day, truth be told she looked rather annoyed by this sudden shift in how events were playing out

"so much for the amicable approach..." she muttered before reaching up to her ear to tap her microbead. ++copy that #66, thank you for the update, keep me posted++ she paused for a second as she listened to malcom ++#66 as soon as units flame trooper clesh and omen make contact with you you are to escort them to make contact with the ranking officer of the incoming steel legion forces, if you come under enemy fire you have sanction to engage, i repeat, no harm must come to units Omen and Clesh, protect them with your life, lourn you're cleared to move the chimera out of the guns line of fire++ letting go of the microbead she looked to her flaregun and then to giselle as she fired it upwards, a plume of green smoke streaking up into the sky.

"well if it's worth anything, most of your village is still alive. Now, if you want them to stay that way i strongly suggest you have them evacuate to the forest east of the village and get to high ground." " she looked over to one of the stealth suits before keying her microbead again ++and if you truly care about these villagers you might want to have your forces do something similar miss pale visor, or don't, i'm not your mother.++
Last edited by blinddeadmcjones on Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
guard characters: ///


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests