Out of the Frying Pan (Closed/PM to join)

The immediate area outside Naris Capitol city
User avatar
Hobbsy
Posts: 953
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:16 am
Location: Palmiston North, New Zealand

Postby Hobbsy » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:07 am

//

User avatar
LaxKnight
Posts: 931
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:23 pm
Location: United States

Postby LaxKnight » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:11 am

Hat was running in the streets trying to get to the center when the flare came across her vision. Her eyes followed the flare up and out of the corner of her eye she spotted movement. She slowed and saw that what it was a team of Fire Warriors! She quickly flattened herself against the wall. There were Tau everywhere! This was a nest of traitors! No wonder they were going to blast this place!

Hat heard her name over the coms and orders came in. The Commissar confirmed that things were getting bad and that she and Joseph needed to go get evil Krieger so they can tell the Steel Legion about the ceasefire. Finally, something to do! And they might get to burn some xenos and heretics too!

The Chem Dog sneakily slid along the wall to not attract attention then ran across the street. She heard some footsteps and then she suddenly found herself being carried. She found herself looking upon Joseph. He seemed almost nonchalant as he asked her how she was and if she heard what they were doing.

“Let me down!” Hat said as she slid out of his arms and quickly gained her footing, “Follow me! I know where she is!”

She ran back toward where she ditched #66.
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:



User avatar
CyGamer
Posts: 901
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:16 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Postby CyGamer » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:53 am

((I RETURN!!!))
Tick had buried himself in his work. He had been told to protect the fuel tanker, and by the Emperor he would. The demented little man had been watching anything that moved, finger on the trigger of his luancher. He had set up on the back of the rig, taking cover in a few pipes. There had been vox chatter and some commotion on the road earlier. But he was dug in like a tick, and he had a mission. Defend. The. Rig.

But then, something changed. They had moved up to the village, getting ready to secure some prisoners, their own, when the sounds of artillery and tank cannons sounded. Flares little up the air, casting dark shadows on Ticks thin face. He swore and scrambled on top of the fuel rig, seeing Lourn taking to the front driver. Why was he doing that? What was happening? Why the hell didn’t he put down mines?!

He quickly pushed his vox bead, confused, nervous and shook.++Tick Here!. What’s happening!? Who needs blowing up?!++

((been a while, sorry for the absence everyone))

Who says the future has to be grimdark? Matt Ward that's who.

User avatar
Johannes Wyss von Krieg
Posts: 2073
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:32 am
Location: Ramat-Gan, Israel

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:35 am

++ Sergeant Aladain ++ the Kriegerin spoke into the Vox, knowing the NCO now has it.
++ Any Hostile Action will result in your Immediate Termination by Overwhelmingly Outnumbering Hidden Tau Forces surrounding Town Square Scout Elements are unable to combat. Ceasefire Condition will be Terminated resulting in 100% Imperial Casualty Rates. To be Absolutely Clear, a Solitary Error will result in Imperial deaths, Advising to plan further actions with Care. Consider this Message as Last Warning. ++

The Scout Leader peered over the whole proceeding through the Lenses of her Magnoculars and hastily formulated a plan.

The Enemy was not looking directly at the Team, meaning that they did not know exactly where they are but constant looking out at their rough direction made it seem like they had a general Idea. In that case, they should be given a Target: So Clear they could not look at anything but it and ignore the rest.

Erika tapped the shoulder of one of her compatriots, the lamb before the slaughter, and whispered his directives to his ears only.

The Promethoran carefully crawled upon the rooftops doing his best to remain hidden at all costs until a fateful moment where, during a fast dash from one cover to another her tripped on a stray brick and with a heavy thump smacked his face into the concrete and stayed there, slowly coming to his senses and controlling his mouth not to convey the pain in an audible manner, his Covertness may be preserved to anyone but the Highly Technological T'au who can clearly the man reaching to some hand hidden behind the roof in the way he might do when assisted by another to get up.

The Kriegerin can only hope the Xenos fell for it as the main group attempted to better their positioning.

Decoy
-1+3(sneaky) =2 TOTAL

Main Group hiding
-1+3(sneaky)+1(cameleoline) =3 TOTAL

/

User avatar
Fates End
Posts: 504
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:00 am
Location: Deepest Darkest Montana

Postby Fates End » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:32 pm

Advance Team (Halvus, Erika, Hat, Joseph, #66 as well as guest appearances from Lucan and Luca)

Out in the forest, the Pathfinders seemed unsure of what to do. Was the fight back on? Was the Ceasefire still in effect? they didn't seem to know, and were frozen in their uncertainty.

A somewhat befuddled and extremely tired man's voice responded to #66's proclamation on the vox, however. The words came in and out, but enough could be heard to understand his meaning. ++Right. Affirmation is a bit---well. Less wordy than we'd been hoping for. But we're not too choosy at the moment. What unit are you with, Friend? Would hate to accidentally shoot you when we meet up.++

((#66, the terrain ahead is rough, you'll need a 3 in whichever stat you deem best to make your way towards the incoming Steel Legion forces without giving away your own position. Remember that from the sound of fighting, it is very likely you will come upon Tau forces before you meet friendlies.))

For Hat and Joseph the trek was swift and sure, Joseph's footing was excellent and Hat's ability to retrace her steps unerring. Soon the two of them were coming up behind #66, the Tau Pathfinders visible further up the hill.

((Joseph, Hat, Joseph's roll was more than enough to ensure he made it to #66 with utmost speed as well as aid Hat if she needed it. The both of you will also need a 3 in any stat you choose to get closer to the incoming Steel Legion forces without giving away your position and movements.))


In the village Giselle stared hard at the Junior Commissar and finally nodded once. As though by magic the vox dropped and allowed communication. Though the look in the old woman's eyes indicated that it could go back up at any moment, depending on her mood. "They damn well know you're here with that flare you shot up. Why do you think they're shooting?" She growled back, glaring daggers at the officers even as Joseph headed off.

But the officer's attention was likely taken away from the elderly mayor and to the sudden new sound on the vox. A response from the Steel Legion.

++How,"++ A seething, icy and definitely feminine voice almost snarled across the vox. ++AM I supposed to take fucking tanks through a FUCKING FOREST, JUNIOR Commissar!?"++ She continued on after a moment, the thump and crackle of weapons fire clearly audible on her end of the line as well as their not-so-distant echoes clearly heard from the forest. ++This is Lieutenant Marilyn Yarrick of the 787th Mechanized Steel Legion, 2nd Company. Junior Commissar Lucan, if I could have just driven through the fucking forest, my unit would not be stuck out here."++

There was a hissing screech of static as a weapon discharged close to the Steel Legion officer's position, and then she spoke again. ++I can't stop shooting, there are Tau in front of me that are shooting back. Maybe you made a ceasefire, but I don't think my unit was included in the deal, eeyeah?"++

Despite her words, however. The artillery thump in the distance did seem to disappear. Small-arms and the occasional boom of what could possibly be a Leman Russ was heard. But the roar of the Basilisk was notably absent.

Meanwhile on the civilian vox channel, the Tau commander responded to Halvus with a slightly miffed tone. ++The cease-fire is still in effect between my unit and yours, Imperium. Those deeper in the forest are not part of the agreement. Your prisoners you can have, but I'll not allow that artillery piece or its escort to leave this forest intact. Take your men and leave. Or stay and burn. Your choice.++ She snapped in annoyance, her tone distracted as though she were searching for something.

((Lucan, the Steel Legion Lieutenant is not a happy camper, but her artillery piece does appear to have stopped firing. No reaction rolls required at this time.

Halvus, the Tau commander has made a mistake. Clever or Quick of 4 to ascertain what she let slip. No other reaction rolls required at this time.

And Luca, no specific reaction rolls required at this time. Keep looking scary :) ))


Deeper into the village, the scruffy Steel Legion Sergeant paused as he heard Erika's voice. Responding over vox to her on the squad channel. ++Peace, lass. Just paying a debt. And I need a witness anyway. So listen close to what I'm about to say."++ He left the vox channel open, though his voice was muffled as he spoke to the woman in front of him, sitting on the fountain.

"My lieutenant thought she got 'em all. But these two boyos slipped the net." He spoke quickly, though his voice held a kindness to it that might have surprised the Krieg scout listening over the vox channel. Behind him, the two Legionnaires balked, unsure of what the sergeant was doing. He continued, reversing the laspistol and extending it grip-first to the woman. "Won't bring back those ye lost. But death is final, yeah?"

And now he spoke clearly into the vox, ++Whoever's watching me and chatting on the Vox, the two men behind me are criminals and deserters. No longer apart of the Steel Legion by order of the ranking unit officer, Lieutenant Marilyn Yarrick. They are sure as shit not included in the cease-fire. That is all.++

The two Steel Legionnaires behind the Sergeant swore and sprang into action. One of them lunging forward for the girl and the gun while the other turned heel and ran.

From her vantage point, Erika couldn't quite see what passed between the Sergeant and the villager. Body language and gaze, unspoken words and a slight nod from the Sergeant. And then the woman stood like a cat frightened into action, took the pistol from his outstretched hand and fired twice. The man lunging for her took the shot to his face and dropped like a sack, the man running took it in the back of the neck and did the same.

The square held its breath. Only a few had witnessed what happened, but it was clearly in view of both the Tau forces on the rooftops and Erika's scout squad.

No shots rang out. No cries of anger. Just the wind and the distant thud of weapons fire from the forest.

Wordlessly she handed the pistol back to the Steel Legion sergeant. Who in turn holstered it and tapped his vox, turning and sprinting for Corporal Jackson and the retreating steel Legion prisoners. ++Right, let's leg it. Yeah?++

As for Erika and her squad, things didn't look good. While the decoy made a good play of it, a roofslat beneath his boot slipped and crashed to the ground below right as he broke cover. Giving a clarion call to Tau forces of where Erika's unit was hiding. Even worse, Erika can feel the form of the Battlesuit on top of the government building turning, it's almost invisible form clearly angled towards her now. It knew.

But no hail of fire erupted, the Tau forces focused on Erika's position. She could clearly tell they were aiming for her. But no shots were fired.

((Erika, the decoy didn't work to draw attention away, and the Tau rolled a 1 (+3) careful to oppose your own hiding attempt. it seems you just witnessed either an execution, a murder, or a bit of both. As well as the Tau units now know your exact position. No reaction rolls are required at this time.))



The Relief Force (Lourn, Tick)


The column waiting outside the village was now slightly nervous. Tense energy flowed through the drivers and gunners as they passed along information about the anti-tank weapon in the building. It felt like a trap, but no one had shot yet. Which in same ways just made it worse.

Lourn's intuition to keep looking was a good thought, and following the line of thought that the weapon had been set up to watch the roadway led to another likely ambush point on the other side of the road in another building. Sure enough, a glint of movement inside gave hint that something was lurking, with a good field of fire to boot. The column was sitting in the middle of a killbox of sorts.

((Lourn, your roll has revealed more forces in the building across the roadway. One building on either side of the road is occupied and its good money that another heavy weapon of some sort is set up inside. If you brought the vehicles into the village proper, it would likely break their killbox, but the one weapon at least seems portable and could likely reposition. No rolls required at this time.

Tick, welcome back. Things are getting dangerous. But no reaction rolls required at this time. Act as you see fit))
"In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."

(Fates now has too many characters to link easily. Thus follow this handy link to my character thread and go wild.

User avatar
Warsmith Wolf
Posts: 478
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:32 pm
Location: Nara, Japan
Contact:

Postby Warsmith Wolf » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:18 pm

Ferrum honore veniat.


User avatar
Hobbsy
Posts: 953
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:16 am
Location: Palmiston North, New Zealand

Postby Hobbsy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:29 am

//

blinddeadmcjones
Posts: 899
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:25 pm
Location: Australia

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:32 pm

[[Alric4018: halvus rolling to noice the tau commanders mistake
Alric4018: *notice
Alric4018 rolls 4u1 = 0 +2 for clever and +2 using aspect "listen smile nod..." = 4]]

there was something in what the tau commander said that got the lieutenants attention, a certain emphasis on the word burn, it left halvus thinking, for a village of maybe two hundred it was awfully quiet and they had only encountered about 20 so far, and then there was the runner who was intercepted along with the reports of heavy weaponry, now that she thought about it halvus struggled to find much in the way of instances where they encountered unarmed civilians.

she laughed when she figured it out, it started as a chuckle and built up from there

"oh you clever sods, well played." she said to Giselle in between chuckles before looking to malcom "commissar, i believe its time we took our leave."
halvus then keyed her voxbead ++316, clydestale. time to expedite the prisoner retrieval, we're done here, lourn move those chimeras back already. Leftenant Yarrick this is Leftenant Halvus of the Prometheron 653rd, be advised the village is a trap, anti-tank weaponry sighted and it looks like they planned to set it on fire the second everyone was in here.++
guard characters: ///

User avatar
Johannes Wyss von Krieg
Posts: 2073
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:32 am
Location: Ramat-Gan, Israel

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:11 pm


/

User avatar
LaxKnight
Posts: 931
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:23 pm
Location: United States

Postby LaxKnight » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:14 pm

Hat did her best to keep up with Joseph but she’s been lugging around a body at full speed for Flame Lord knows how long. Needless to say, she was a little tired. She didn’t really hear what was said over the vox for the sound of her blood pumping and her labored breathing. After a while she saw that evil Krieger ran away, saying something about martyrdom. It was then she realized that there were some Tau around them.

Good riddance!

Joseph said something to #66 but it was too quiet and she was too busy catching up to hear. She didn’t hear him order her to follow, she simply followed him because that’s what she was doing before. He then whispered something to her.

“What?” she puffed.
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:



User avatar
Commissar Cat
Posts: 2177
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:53 pm
Location: Derbyshire, UK
Contact:

Postby Commissar Cat » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:07 pm

It had taken an awfully long time for Malcolm to reach the end of his patience. But the combination of being screamed at for something he had no control over, and the realisation that despite his best efforts to abide by every moral and ethical code laid out by Holt, today was likely going to end with everyone dead, pushed him over the threshold.

++ It's a massive fucking trap, Lieutenant Yarrick. If you can't move the artillery, move yourselves before the Tau torch the lot of you. But if you bring any of it through the village, we're all dead. ++

Pulling his vox bead from his ear, Malcolm leaned against the nearest building, with both hands clenched briefly over his face while he fought to regain some kind of control of his temper.
Lowering his hands, he took a few deep breaths, and gazed at Giselle with an exhausted but very obvious look of betrayal, "Since I set foot out here, I've been trying to do the right damned thing by you and yours. Stop a girl from committing suicide by Lieutenant. Stop these idiots-" he circled his hand locally, "from making things worse. Stop your lads from becoming killers."

The young commissar dropped his shoulders, and inclined his head as he gazed at the older woman, as though trying to understand, "For what? What am I trying to preserve here? If it's all going to burn, what are you trying to save?"

Mordian Characters:
Others: / / /

User avatar
Fates End
Posts: 504
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:00 am
Location: Deepest Darkest Montana

Postby Fates End » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:51 am

The Relief Force (Lourn, Tick)

The lead chimera driver looks nervously at the positions mentioned via vox. Realizing his vehicle is in a tempting killing field for the villagers. Down the main road he could see the steel legion forces and Corporal Jackson's squad running hellbent towards the column, though still at least a minute or two away at full run. To follow the orders that he'd heard given to Lourn, the column would either have to move forward or back up . . .though there had been rebels somewhere behind them too . . . "shit."

++This is Chimera 1, back the column up so we can get out of this damn killbox. Jules, keep an eye on our rear for those villagers we passed, this could get bad quick.++ With a rumble the vehicles started the methodical process of backing away from the village, getting out of line of sight for the anti-tank positions in the buildings, but also widening the gap between themselves and the incoming friendlies.

((Lourn, Tick, no reaction rolls required at this moment.))


Advance Team (Halvus, Erika, Hat, Joseph, #66 as well as guest appearances from Lucan and Luca)


Giselle's expression was almost serene as she stared at the Junior Commissar. "Who do you really serve, boy?" She asked softly. "My village's fate was sealed the moment guardsmen died to Tau in a truckstop staffed by my people. You may not be old enough, but I've lived long enough to see what happens to those who defy the Imperium. Even accidentally. You brought a lance down on our capital. When this war is done do you think your gracious leaders will think twice about burning my village to the ground?" She took a slow breath, anger and pride rising in her voice. "This is my village. If it's going to go, it will go on my terms. Not. Yours."

She reached into her breadbasket and in a flash withdrew a very old, very battered autopistol, not quite aiming it at Lucan and Halvus, but her grip was tense. "The Tau saved my daughter's life. And whatever else they do, I think they'll be better for my people than the death that the Imperium will give them for collusion."

Silence filled the air as Giselle waited for their reaction, her eyes suddenly unreadable. Behind her, the stealth suits shifted slowly, their outlines spreading out by a few feet.

Into the silence the icy tone of Lieutenant Yarrick cracked across the Vox like a whip. ++I can't do that, Junior Commissar. I leave the vehicles and we're dead anyways.++ Her tone changed just barely, frustration and weariness intermingling with fury. ++I suggest you vacate the village. We will attempt to pull back along the road and breakthrough the cordon deeper in the forest. Save who you can.++

((Lucan, Luca, Halvus, No reaction rolls required. Giselle has a weapon, along with two stealth suits behind her. React as you see fit.))


Shadowing the prisoners, Erika and her team will notice that the spotted enemy positions seem confused. Back at the government buildings, several villagers and fire warriors break cover and head in different directions, it seems her ruse was able to draw away some enemy forces after all.

As to her own position though, that is less assured of security. The enemy has her scent, as it were. And though she can't see anything, it feels as though she is still being watched. Still though, nothing attacks. The released prisoners, led by a bellowing Sergeant Aladain, are making good time to the village edge and will hopefully be clear of it in the next two minutes or so.

((Erika, your ruse has worked and drawn away two enemy squads. If this turns into a fight, that will even the odds quite a bit. However, the enemy rolled a total of 6 to oppose your sneaky attempt and likely still has a bead on you. React as you see fit))


And out in the forest the battle rages on, though now Lieutenant Yarrick's voice comes across the vox to Joseph and Hat. ++The Russ is waiting on your mark, Omen. Tracers are appreciated, but keep your heads down.++ There was a pause and then . . . ++You've a Savlar with you? The day is brighter already.++ The voice actually seemed encouraged by the mention of Savlar, though over the vox it was hard to tell exact emotion.

((Joseph, Hat, no reaction rolls required at this time. React as you see fit. #66, you have a +2 to any action from Omen's aspect. If you intend combat it will be an opposed roll. Good luck.))
"In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."

(Fates now has too many characters to link easily. Thus follow this handy link to my character thread and go wild.

blinddeadmcjones
Posts: 899
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:25 pm
Location: Australia

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:39 am

as soon as she saw the first glint of gunmetal catching the light of the sun halvus had sprung into action, letting go of both guns she reached out and grabbed the older womans gun wielding hand, before quickly twisting it behind giselle's back as she spun around behind giselle with some deft footwork.

"you know, we could've just kept this little outing between ourselves and no one else would've been the wiser, but noooo..." she admonished as she used giselle as a shield between her and stealth suits "you just had to go and try an be clever, with the benefit of hindsight maybe i should've just let hat set everything ablaze called it a day, oh well cest-la-vie" as she spoke the lieutenant reached up with her other hand and gingerly tapped her microbead

++Leftenant Yarrick, if you're looking for an alternate path through the village might i suggest you go through the rear left corner of the village, you should meet minimal resistance and there should be enough of a gap between the buildings for your tanks to maneuver, that said if you don't hear from us in 3 minutes time feel free to flatten it with cannon fire to make your progress much smoother, in fact just flatten everything, but start from that corner++

releasing the microbead she looked down at giselle, slowly reaching down to grasp her boltgun again with her free hand "now my dear i really must insist you come with us to the village entrance"

[[Alric8441: halvus reacting to giselle pulling a gun
Alric8441 rolls 4u1 = 1 +3 quick = 4]]
guard characters: ///

User avatar
Warsmith Wolf
Posts: 478
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:32 pm
Location: Nara, Japan
Contact:

Postby Warsmith Wolf » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:50 am

Ferrum honore veniat.


User avatar
Hobbsy
Posts: 953
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:16 am
Location: Palmiston North, New Zealand

Postby Hobbsy » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:31 pm

//

User avatar
Heart|Soul
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:08 pm
Location: Jacksonville, Florida

Postby Heart|Soul » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:07 am

Lourn had never been good in any kind of command position. When it came down to the wire, he froze. Thoughts about everything that could go wrong surged through his head, which sent fear throughout his body, paralyzing it, which allowed for more thoughts about what could go wrong to run through his mind, which only sent the process through its stages again.

Which was exactly what was happening right now. He stared out the viewport blankly, barely registering what the driver had said. Only when the chimera jostled as it started moving in reverse was he shaken out of his reverie. Looking around the cabin, he decided that he'd be more useful up top, watching for any signs of incoming fire. Ashamed of his own inaction, he silently found the rear hatch and clambered up top.

User avatar
Johannes Wyss von Krieg
Posts: 2073
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:32 am
Location: Ramat-Gan, Israel

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:26 am

And the foe took the bluff, it will take effect when it opens fire on empty positions it thinks are hostile and not at the rapidly retreating prisoners for the virtue of being out of position.
All for the small price of revealing tactical intel the anticipated responce made partially obsolete.

Though it can be safely assured that the Tau have the means to listen in the Imperial Vox Channels. Intel Gained.

++316 to Halvus. Confirmed Tau evesdropping Vox on Channel Phi-9 ++ [[ooc: that's our channel]]

It is the role of the Sensory Organs to bring data, it's proccessing and importance are left to the brains.

As the team followed the troops on the ground a relevation hit the Team Leader just about when she planned on directing at another attempt at covertness: The Enemy is not overly concerned with which Imperial gets shot first, the Enemy has established a consistant line of sight with the Team and the Herd of Troops, the Enemy will evaporate either of them if left outside cover and Both Groups are. The following conclusion is that if the Scout Team does manage to hide, the Tau will evaporate 30+ troops; if the Scouts fail, they are evaporated first and then the Herd next. But if the Scouts lower chances of Damage from hit, and give supressing fire, then the fury of the enemy will fall upon the Scouts who can organise a fighting retreat as hiding is not as slow as simple thick cover...

"Sergeant Unit Aladain be advised, you are in Tau line of Fire!" She yelled pointing at the still visible town hall. "Corporal Unit Jackson, take squad positions on Legionnaire Perimiter, provide cover fire front and back. All Units, Deny equipment to enemy, carry terminated troops if neccessary!"

All attempts at subtlety forsaken, the order of the day became a mixture of breakback sprinting to reach in front of the Legionnaires, settling to a firing position -any firing position that can be constructed with minimum time, tense waiting for the ground troops to pass by, and all over again. Never slow down, never give up. Keep moving. It is the only way.

Rolling to catch up to keep up with Legionnaires
Rolled: 3+3(quick) =6 TOTAL

Rolling to fortifty at stop gaps
Rolled: 0 +3(quick)+?(Krieg Training) =3+? TOTAL

/

User avatar
LaxKnight
Posts: 931
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:23 pm
Location: United States

Postby LaxKnight » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:31 am

Hat wasn’t really listening to the conversation going on over the vox, she was more concerned with keeping up, avoiding getting shot, and looking for the command tank. The command tank is normally fairly obvious, at least obvious to those who served alongside Steel Legion. Hat didn’t notice that Joseph was telling her to run or trying to cover her. Instead, she looked through the woods for a moment before her eyes focused on a vehicle and pointed, yelling, “There it is!”

With that she dashed to the command tank. It was nice knowing where to go.

[Rolling Quick 3 to run]

[Total: 3]
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:



User avatar
Commissar Cat
Posts: 2177
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:53 pm
Location: Derbyshire, UK
Contact:

Postby Commissar Cat » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:55 pm

Malcolm continued to watch Giselle with evident curiosity, listening as she spoke, while apparently considering her words. As she pulled out her gun, he appeared unsurprised, and shrugged lightly, having expected something much sooner. It was a prompt that indicated she was done talking, and Lucan didn't feel threatened.
But as Halvus reacted, the junior commissar finally intervened.

With a total lack of grace, Malcolm intercepted the grapple. Like separating two children, he tore the pair apart, releasing Giselle, and pushing Lieutenant Halvus away from them both with a poorly-measured amount of force.
"Enough." he stood with his back to the mayor, putting his form between her and the Lieutenant. The junior commissar barely raised his voice, and still didn't move to touch his own pistol, "We made it this far peacefully, and we will leave without giving the Tau what they want."

Lucan turned to look over his shoulder at Giselle, "I serve neither of you. I form the limited barrier between the Guard and sheer brutality. When the Commissariat cease to care, fail to hold guardsmen accountable, well..." he gestured across the town, "You've seen what happens."

Malcolm still didn't turn to fully look at Giselle, "I wasn't raised to care about other people. I don't understand how to. But you do. This village, does." he gave a half step to face the old mayor, and gestured from himself to her, "Just because you face monsters doesn't mean you should compromise and become like them."

It was unclear what moved Malcolm to say these things, or to have freed the older woman. It was possible he just had morals and a sense of fairness drilled into him, even if they didn't come naturally.
"We should go." he waved Luca towards the transports, choosing not to dwell on these things himself.

[[ Quick: Roll +2, Stat +1, Aspect: A good officer commands without doubt +2 = 5
Forceful: Roll +1, Stat +3, High Concept: A good soldier obeys without question +2 = 6

...Apologies for grabbing another player; there are a lot of potential Lucan responses, but I really didn't want to pull into a fight that could jam the scene when we're so close to topic conclusion. So this is the simplest answer I had. ]]

Mordian Characters:
Others: / / /

User avatar
CyGamer
Posts: 901
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:16 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Postby CyGamer » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:39 pm

Tick was watching around, trying to spot any tau moving about, grenade launcher primed with a HE round just in case they had one of them suits. He saw the line stop and begin to move backwards, but he knew that that just made the rear line more of a target. So he sat and waited for orders, or a target.

Who says the future has to be grimdark? Matt Ward that's who.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests