[OPEN] Death Korps HQ

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
Fates End

Postby Fates End » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:24 am

"A few basic motor function tests." She replied without much in the way of emotion. Though to call it cold would perhaps be too specific of a statement. "I've got a basic record of your health as reported at your last check, this is mostly a formality." She paused for a moment, considering whether or not she should say what was on her mind.

"Truth be told, I think I was mentioned because you're a transplant to a Krieg Regiment. Which---makes you an interesting case. It doesn't happen much." She paused again, looking at him with carefully emotionless eyes. "It was probably surmised that since I wasn't born on Krieg, I might be able to help ease your transition."

A few quick strikes of a stub of pencil on a chart and she was through the majority of the very brief physical exam. Circling him in the cramped quarters, she took note of his current condition and recorded everything that was asked for on the chart. "So, this is one chance to ask any questions you have about these regiments before they throw you back out into the mix. If you've got any burning questions about the Death Korps, I can try to answer them. Elsewise---" She shrugged. "We're just about done."
"In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."

(Fates now has too many characters to link easily. Thus follow this handy link to my character thread and go wild.

Warsmith Wolf

Postby Warsmith Wolf » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:29 pm

Ferrum honore veniat.

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:09 pm

/

Warsmith Wolf

Postby Warsmith Wolf » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:19 pm

Ferrum honore veniat.

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:11 am

As Expected Really, the former 19th do perform effectively even if they are somewhat strange. Not Outwardly behaviour but they have have this habit of remembering the dead on the walls of their barracks. Not as disruptive as as it could be -considering their mostly redacted past. If anything it was pure interest on #1-101's Part and a bit of Curiosity on the side. Both are secondary to maintaining Current Performance which from what he has seen during the last few months forwards the Hauptmann's Interest without having to be in close proximity.

#1-101 nodded in acknowledgement before proceeding to perhaps the final attempt at making himself useful and justifying the effort the Commissar Put into their deal.
"One Final matter surfaced upon arrival at your Office.
Sir, do you require an aide Unit? Company and non-Krieg Paperwork is handled mostly be myself so training one of our units on their proper usage will provide the Company with able personnel to deal with Inter-regimental Correspondance after my Termination, in addition to removing strain from yourself."

/

TheExpendableGuard

Postby TheExpendableGuard » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:35 am

9453/554th Death Korps

Sonoffenris

Postby Sonoffenris » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:53 pm

[[Flashback]]

Told that the Commissar was currently unavailable, 66/120-102 decided to take a look at the defensive line to see what the regiment had to work with based on the structure of the city or what remained of it. Though trained in mounted combat, his eyes examined each trench and the emplacements that were placed in such a way as to provide overlapping fields of fire and nodded. This was the epitome of a defensive line although they seemed to be lacking for artillery pieces based of what he could see unless they were very well hidden.

He pondered this as he strode through the trenches toward one of the strongpoints and stepped inside to observe the arcs of fire that each gun had. The last time he had done this, he had been on ship and the Valhallans were in open conflict with a small but elite faction of the regiment that had mutinied and executed several of their officers including the Junior Commissar. Commissar Zhukov had been severely wounded in the pitched battle that had followed and the Colonel was killed by a sniper ship from the darkness of the hold. It had been a moment of rare pleasure for him which had felt rather odd now that he thought about it when Commissar Zhukov had pressed him into service as an acting Junior Commissar with all of the responsibilities that came with the title.

Those few day had been almost a relief for him, to mete out the Emperor’s justice and to have lead
troops who fought twice as a hard as normal (not as hard as the Sons of Krieg would have
fought but had fought well to purge the traitors from their ranks) as opposed to the same drills that were lacking in actual value. They had ground the mutinous forces down man by man, brutally beating and arresting any that had surrendered, holding them for the final execution. The attack on the medicae bay had come as a surprise, one that had nearly claimed Commissar’s life had it not been for the intervention of a squad of bondsmen from the Divine Fury and a panicked vox call. Having left the only surviving captain in command of the remainder of the regiment, he rushed to the commissar’s aid with a squad of Stormtroopers and crushed the mutineers between the bondsmen. Those mutineers that survived with held in the brig with the remaining survivors.

It was thought that Commissar Zhukov had died until he lifted his head. “Uberleutnant, your sidearm.”

He grasped the sidearm weakly as I had knelt beside the bed thinking that I was to be executed for failing to prevent the attack instead was told to rise. “Your sidearm is lighter in my hand and in my condition will serve me better than the bolt pistol but I would not leave you without a weapon to fall back on should the sabre fail you.” He took the holster from beside his bed put it in my hands. “This weapon has served me well in my eighty years of service to the Emperor, I would see it continue in the service of the Emperor. Carry it well.”

The next two days passed in a blur with many of his duties in the wake of the Mutiny requiring him to stand in for the Commissar and the remainder of time spent in conference with Commissar Zhukov to decide the means of execution or whether or not to have the remnants of the regiment sent to a penal colony. Finally I proposed a means of execution from one of the older Commissar records of punishment, it hadn’t been used in three hundred years, the ringleaders were held under guard and the remainder of the mutineers paraded with the regiment in squads of ten. Each squad would draw stones, nine would be white and the remaining stone was black. When the regiment had drawn their lots and each tenth man stood apart from his squad, Commissar Zhukov waved me to the front where I stood clad in the armor of Krieg with a Commissar emblem hanging by a chain around my neck and my respirator shielding my breath from the guilty.

“This regiment stands accused of failing the Emperor.” My deep voice had resounded powerfully though the docking bay that the Shipmaster had set aside for us for this purpose.

“You let the seeds of Treason and Heresy sprout unchecked. None of you stamped this out nor did you report it to the Commissar. For this reason, you have been found guilty and are sentenced to Death! But the Emperor in his wisdom is Merciful and has seen fit in his wisdom to provide the Commissar a way for you to once more prove your loyalty to the Emperor and the Imperium. You see before you, one man per squad that the Emperor has deemed to bear the guilt of his squad. Their deaths will be the beginning of your atonement. For now like we Men of Krieg, until your dying breath this regiment will atone for your weakness. Only in death will your failures be purged in the Emperor’s sight.

Officers! Step Forward and Draw Lots! The officers are not exempt from the Emperors wrath any more than the newest member of the Regiment.”
I had paused at this point to look to Commissar Zhukov who nodded before carrying on. "Squads will form square around the squad member that has fallen out, Officers will follow suit. These men will die by the regiment’s hand. Those that refuse to carry out the order will themselves be put to death. Begin!”

The Decimation did not end quickly, some squads taking longer to finish their task then others but when it was done Commissiar Zhukov stood up slowly and stepped forward.

“The 883rd will no longer receive replacements from the homeworld until the regiment has spent ten years in battle for the Emperor and will now be referred to as the Shamed of Valhalla until the ten years have passed. All regimental crests will be marred with a diagonal cut and shall not replaced until time of valiant death or the ten years have passed.”

Warsmith Wolf

Postby Warsmith Wolf » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:41 pm

Ferrum honore veniat.

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:20 pm

Disappointed? He Couldn't be, refusal is within The Commissar's Right and the Realm of Possibility, it seems he'll have to take care of #9453/48-103's Education Personally. The Hauptmann kept thoughts on the matter to himself.

"Affirmative, Herr Commissar." #1-101 collected the 2 Files from the Desk and raised up from the chair. The Krieger reattached his Helmet and Respirator, Sharply saluted on departure and with a spin on his heel left the office.

[[Unit #9453/1-101 left Wittmann's Office.]]

/

Sonoffenris

Postby Sonoffenris » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:32 pm

With the Commissar available, Wulfgar finished his tour of the trench line and made his way beck to the Commissar's office and knocked at the door, his metallic augmentation sounding precise beat on the door.

"Heer Commissar, 66/120-102 reporting as directed."

Warsmith Wolf

Postby Warsmith Wolf » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:21 pm

Ferrum honore veniat.

Sonoffenris

Postby Sonoffenris » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:50 pm

"I haven't received any word of a #66/120-102. To whom do I speak?"

“Arrived this morning, Herr Commissar from the Divine Fury. Upon conclusion of reporting to 9453/1-101, ordered to report to you Herr Commissar” He spoke as he entered the Commissar’s office, snapping to a halt with a clang from his spurs clicking together as halted and saluting. “Ave Deus Imperator Herr Commissar.” His deep voice could be heard easily through the respirator without a hint of being muffled.

He reached into his great coat and removed the personnel file, the movement of the cloak momentarily showing the bolt pistol holstered against his left side with the seal of the Commissariat visible on the butt of the pistol before placing the file on the commissar’s desk. His helm bore the traditional metal spike that showed signs of having been purposely sharpened.

Warsmith Wolf

Postby Warsmith Wolf » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:18 am

Ferrum honore veniat.

Sonoffenris

Postby Sonoffenris » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:51 pm

"I don't recall giving you permission to enter, One-Twenty One-Oh-Two."

“I recognize my error and will be sure to correct it Herr Commissiar”

He remained at standing at attention, the only movement seen from him apart when he spoke was the slight movement of his breastplate as air passed through his respirator and into his lungs and the subsequent movement of the respirator as air left the mask.

Warsmith Wolf

Postby Warsmith Wolf » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:58 pm

Ferrum honore veniat.

Sonoffenris

Postby Sonoffenris » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:34 pm

"How would you self-assess your suitability for redeployment in combat, 1st Lieutenant?"

Behind his mask, Wulfgar frowned as he considered the question. There was an obvious answer to this but Commissars rarely asked questions that didn’t have a secondary meaning.

Herr Commissar, I stand ready to take my place once among those who actively atone daily for the sins of our world by annihilating the enemies of the Imperium whether it once more in the saddle at the charge or within the trench.”

His body tensed ever so slightly at the thought of returning to combat, though the tiny clang from spurs connecting with each other gave away the minute movement.

Warsmith Wolf

Postby Warsmith Wolf » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:49 am

Ferrum honore veniat.

Sonoffenris

Postby Sonoffenris » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:23 am

((OCC – Apologies for the length of time it took to respond)

"Now, 120-102, comes the matter of your assignment. Captain Wyss has recommended you be assigned to either his subcompany or the Death Rider company. I'm of the mind of sending you to the latter - goodness knows they could use men more than the 9453rd do - but as I'm in an unusually charitable mood today, I'm going to ask what you think."

“Though this unit was trained for trench combat as all Sons of Krieg are, time spent in combat has been astride a mount with sabre and lance in hand.”

He was silent for a moment as he contemplated the Commisar’s offer, if the Death Rider Company was in dire straits then his assignment to them could be a welcome boon both in additional numbers as well as addition of new experience to the company.

“Herr Commissar, it would seem that this unit’s assignment to the Death Rider Company would be the better choice due to experience and the implication that they are short of personnel. However should this unit be required elsewhere, so long as it is in the service of the Imperium then it is service well given.”

Warsmith Wolf

Postby Warsmith Wolf » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:44 am

Ferrum honore veniat.

Sonoffenris

Postby Sonoffenris » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:34 pm

Wulfgar scanned the document for a moment. It didn't take him long to glean the information that he required from the document. He was pleased to see that he would be returning to combat astride a mount. He nodded his head and smiled behind his mask, he would need to requisition a mount and a lance, not to mention drawing some additional ammunition for the bolt pistol as well as some holy oil for the pistol, his sabre on the other hand was combat worthy as was his armor.

He quickly signed in the requisite spots and took a step back then snapped back into the position of attention.
"Herr Commissar, with your permission I will go and draw a mount and armament before joining my Company."