[Open/Social] Workshop / Repair shop

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:06 am

Paxton look up towards the Cadian with a a hint of surprise. He hadn't actually expected someone to offer to join him, he would have thought that everyone would be too busy with the truck to give him much notice. Worse was that ithe was Tabitha, someone who already knew him well enough to eventually realize who he was. It wouldn't take long for her to click. But he couldn't just said no, it may seem a bit strange. It was unlikely, but he needed a clean break without drawing any possible attention. Not to mention he didn't want to be impolite to the nice lass.

Therefore, the best reply would be a definitely possible maybe. "You're more than welcome to come if you like. Though I'm sur-errt!". The Valhallan stopped mid sentence as his poor attention at hiding his accent resulted in a bit tongue. He spent the next moment bent over a little whilst trying not to swear in his native dialect.

Heart|Soul

Postby Heart|Soul » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:08 pm

Some distance from the truck, a short man armed with tape and a spray gun was hard at work. He'd been repainting his armor the standard to better fit in with his new regiment, and had just recently finished that not-so-daunting task. His helmet, though, he wanted to do something special with. He wanted to give it its original colors back, as a sort of memorial to his previous squad.

Once he was happy with the design he was setting up, he got to work. As he pulled the trigger, the helmet turned a brilliant yellow. Was he just making himself an easy target by doing this? Most likely. But he didn't really care. To him, it was lucky. Nothing could touch him as long as he had it on. No, if he was honest, it was a bit more than that. It was a memory of better days.

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:46 pm

Victoria simply watched the goings on of the group as Ollie operated. The feeling, or lack thereof, of her hand that was currently off was a feeling no one could ever get used to. Watching him work without feeling it was unsettling, to say the least. However, she didn't let it show; always keeping her icy expression of stoicism.

Something familiar caught her ears. Was that.... a Valhallan accent?

[Rolling Clever to identify the accent.]
Alric9328:4U1+2 → 4( (1 +0 +0 +1)+ 2)
[Total: 4]

Of course it was. It would make sense for that they would likely be here working on something or helping the undermanned Mechanicus. Curious, she turned to where it came from to see if any Valhallans were there. Their expertise would be welcome.
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

LaxKnight's Character Hub
Order of the Shed Tear

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:43 pm

[[Timeskip]]

It is generally accepted that during the months of winter, combat intensity gradually drops roughly at the same rate as snows pile up.
Cold saps the strength to fight and bad terrain makes travel much harder (except those parts where the ground freezes solid) both sides dig in and stack up their supplies. Those who belong to neither freeze or starve to death, paying the price of their neutrality.

Though the combat may be less intense, the effort to win does not: Plans are drawn, reserves are mustered and strategic positions are secured all in preparation for campaigning season come spring.

We arrive to the present: Snow falls less and less, days grow longer and birds migrate back from the south. Winter is at its last weeks.
5 silhouettes are spotted, they advance effortlessly through the muddy road as it is their natural habitat. Each step identical, each turn in uniform as if they were clocks adjusted by the most observant clockmaker, the Kriegers of the 9453/554th company arrived to the Workshop. 2 of them were different, one appeared to be an officer while the other carried some large crate.

"Requesting Audience of resident Tech Priest" their leader said loudly enough to be heard through the muffling respirator and sudden breeze from the west.

CyGamer

Postby CyGamer » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:48 pm

Something shuffled from behind several crates and containers, and the distinct screech of binary carried from behind. Rising up from behind the storage, a servo skull drifted over. Its oculars zooming in on the Krieg leader, its small machine arms clicking and moving about. It hovered just in front of them, eye glass to bionic, before hovering back to its unseen master. As it descended, another shrill blurt of binaric, and then a more, but just barely, human voice sounded.

"Yes, yes, I'm here. What is it you are in need of? Unfocused las lens? Stubber round lodged in the barrel?" From behind the stack of crates, several optics made themselves seen, as four large spider like limbs carried the hunched figure of the tech priest. Chirigus's bionics flicked over, scanning the kriegers and their wares.

"Ah, my apologizes, warriors of Krieg. I thought you were a new recruit untrained in the care of his weapons." The techpriest moved over to the group, slightly looming over them. He saw the crate now, and turned his attention to it.
Cy Character Chart
Who says the future has to be grimdark? Matt Ward that's who.

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:33 pm

"Salutations. Apology unneccessary, All uninitated are subject to the expert's judgement." The tall Hauptmann looked up for once.
"Initiating Introductions: This Unit is designated Hauptmann #1-101 of 9453rd Krieg Company, Present Units belong to platoon 2 squad 4, Requesting Designation. Purpose of Arrival: Commission of Unit Combat Support Systems, Requestig Confidentiality to proceed. he continued, apperantly uninclined to reveal more in this open forum.

CyGamer

Postby CyGamer » Tue May 14, 2019 10:03 pm

Chirigus's looked to the officer, his right bionic screwing closed more. A brief rattle came from the priest chest and a puff of condensation came from where his mouth should be. A servo arm moved down, claw opening towards the crate."I am Enginseer Alexander Chirigus, humble servant of the Omnissiah." the tech priest said to the officer, looking over the bleak figures before him. He was intrigued by their "mission".

"Hauptmann, was it. You should know that as a priest of the Omnissiah I am obliged to report weapons or technologies that are of xenos or heretical affiliation. I hope that your proposal does not breach the Imperial creed." He said, a bit of a joke to his words. He knew that Kriegers were some of the most loyal troop the imperium had, so it was not likely to be an issue."Do not worry about secrecy. I have lived long and though much on my home world. What is this...Weapon?"
Cy Character Chart

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Wed May 15, 2019 3:01 pm

"Induitably." the officer remarked, perhaps on the first term or the latter, maybe both.
The Officer examined the surrounding area
"Location descreetness insuffucient. Details will be exchanged further Inside."
*lead the way* he signalled with his palm
"Commission's weaponised usage fits propaganda warfare" #1-101 began once in position. He to converse and the armed troopers to physically block anyone from approaching too close. "Further non weapon uses are possible. The requested project is a modular pict-capture device composed of optic sensor and memory storage. Sensor is required to be capable of recording in intense low light combat conditions, mountable on Helmet Models in use by Krieg, standard Cadian and directly onto head. Memory requirements are capacity of hours of pict record, connectivity to standard Imperial Optical sensors including but not limited to: Pry-Sense Goggles, Photo-Visors, Bionic Eye Implants and Magnoculars. Assembly requirements are endurance in combat conditions, light weight and low profile. Device is to be issued to Officer and Combat Units." He then pointed at the crate still dilligently carried by the trooper
"9453rd Company will supply raw material, general components and scavanged components from raid mission into media commerce centres. Requesting estimated prototype construction period."

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Thu May 16, 2019 2:14 pm

The workshop would suddenly echo with the sound of a distant voice. What at first sounds like a whisper carried on the wind quickly becomes a one sided conversation in an argumentative tone.

"I'e told you already: I 'ave a note from the front gate! I'm 'ere to pick up what... ye ain't listening to me boy! I'm with the PDF! NO! Not that PDF, the other PDF ya fool!!!"

Although already loud, the voice seems to intensify as the source makes it's way around the workshop.

"Aye, ya don't known nothin'! I've been serving since before ye breathed ye first breath!"

With this an agitated Foster appeared at the entrance of the work shop, followed by an uncertain looking young Cadian. "Oi!" He called out into the building to no one in particular. "I'm 'eve to pick up my.. um suite.".

CyGamer

Postby CyGamer » Sun May 19, 2019 6:13 pm

Chirigus followed the Kriegers to a more secluded area, listening to their respirators hiss. He was curious, as it wasn't often that kriegers came to the shop for anything other than repairs. As his legs clanked against the rockcrete floor, he let out another puff of condensation, pondering what this device might be. As they stopped he had a servo skull keep notes.
Johannes Wyss von Krieg wrote:"Further non weapon uses are possible. The requested project is a modular pict-capture device composed of optic sensor and memory storage. Sensor is required to be capable of recording in intense low light combat conditions, mountable on Helmet Models in use by Krieg, standard Cadian and directly onto head. Memory requirements are capacity of hours of pict record, connectivity to standard Imperial Optical sensors including but not limited to: Pry-Sense Goggles, Photo-Visors, Bionic Eye Implants and Magnoculars. Assembly requirements are endurance in combat conditions, light weight and low profile. Device is to be issued to Officer and Combat Units."

As the leader of the little trope explained his idea, Chirigus' eyes shifted lens, and metallic fingers of the servo skull clacked as it wrote down the conversation. After Huaptmann pointed to the Crate, Chirigus glanced to it once more.

"It is an...interesting idea. The use of combat propaganda has been noted to help rally civilians, increasing volunteers by an average of 12.6%. However..." Another hiss came from his mouth, and he went to explain the more technically difficulties, another voice came from the side.
Hobbsy wrote:"Aye, ya don't known nothin'! I've been serving since before ye breathed ye first breath!"

Chirigus stopped, flinching slightly, before slowly turning to the source of the voice. That man... Right yes the one from Candlemas, with the voidsuit. Wonderful...
Cy Character Chart

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Wed May 22, 2019 11:41 am

#1-101 attentively listened, or was about to as a loud echo from down the hallway interrupted their solitude. He looked outside.

Without passage of words, one of the units left stationed outside the room gently closed the door. Their steps now muffled indicated a shuffle in their positions.
"Proceed." the officer recentred his attnetion on the Tech Priest.