[OPEN] Comodo in the Officer's Club

Anywhere within Naris Capitol city limits
Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:12 pm

[[OOC: I understand the Scene is still active, if it's not then consider the following interaction as timeskipped and scene restarted.]]

In the corner, the not-so-rare-resident-anymore reorganised his notes and readjusted the lamp he requested specifically for this occasion. Usually the conversation of the type he was about to engage in should be reserved for behind closed doors in the Martial Spire of the Cathedral, but such environment was not one to actually inspire true direct thoughts conveyed by the more relaxed atmosphere of the Officer Lounge, perhaps it was the constant hovering of Senior Commissar Holt making sure everyone behaves and hides behind decorum and such niceties -while useful, in this case are detrimental.

#9453/1-101 glanced over towards the rest of the club's patrons, his unlit pipe lodged into his mouth. Soon, the work may begin.

Tabitha Maru

Postby Tabitha Maru » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:09 pm

If there was one thing that Eckhardt had not expected when he got up that morning it was the message inviting him to a conversation at the officer club. Not so much the discussion or the locale itself, he was a frequent visitor and he liked to think he was at least a good colleague to some of his peers, but rather from whom the invitation had been sent. He had no real relationship with captain Wyss, so he wasn't too clear why the man had chosen to turn to him.
But far be it from him to refuse a polite invitation, especially from a captain. So as soon as duties permitted it he had made his way to the officers' club, pondering what that captain had in mind.

Stepping inside he glanced around. It was a quite calm day, not much going on. A few familiar faces at the usual tables. The bartender caught his eye and wordlessly sought confirmation if the lieutenant wanted "the usual", Eckhardt gestured for the man to hold off a bit. He didn't want to presume it was a casual meeting even if the choice of location suggested as much.

He stepped up to the captain's table and placed his feet evenly spaced from one another, stood with a straight back and with his arms straight.

"Captain, you wished to see me?"
Private Tabitha Maru Image Image - Lieutenant Yudel Eckhardt

Character sheets

Thanks to blinddeadmcjones for the avatar

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:23 pm

Tabitha Maru wrote:Stepping inside he glanced around. It was a quite calm day, not much going on. A few familiar faces at the usual tables. The bartender caught his eye and wordlessly sought confirmation if the lieutenant wanted "the usual", Eckhardt gestured for the man to hold off a bit. He didn't want to presume it was a casual meeting even if the choice of location suggested as much.

The Hauptmann's scanning was interrupted by the new arrival, upon his somewhat sunken eyes zeroed in and studied attentively like a hawk studies a distant prey. The description given to him fit the approaching man's features.
Tabitha Maru wrote:He stepped up to the captain's table and placed his feet evenly spaced from one another, stood with a straight back and with his arms straight.

"Captain, you wished to see me?"

#1-101's eyes intensely pierced the man's own. It wasn't a glare for it didn't convey emotion, it wasn't a gaze as it was focoused and it wasn't a stare for it wasn't blank like those who are nothing than an instrument to be used and directionless without a master. No, there was a consiousness behind those eyes, anigmatic and shadowy, barely human but very cunning.
The tense exchange took no longer than a few moments, barely a blink in duration but Yudel could have sworn it lasted an eternity.

"A preffereble situation would also include *speaking* with you, and the optimal scenario may as well involve you *speaking to me*... truthfully, if possible."
It wasn't malice, but a play on the Lieutenant's words. The Krieger blinked and the foreboding presence was mostly gone, though after witnessing, it was hard to expunge from the recent memory for it was there but not as prominent - a smolder after bonefire.

"At ease Lieutenant, I perfectly recall the message wording specifing it was an invitation, not an order and not to a muster or report but a conversation and only if you have the time."
He even cracked a reasurring smile, however small it may be, contrasting with the previous 3 seconds it was practically a sunshine.

"Take a seat Yudel, do make all the arrangements to maximise personal comfort, I have no ill intentions to you."

Tabitha Maru

Postby Tabitha Maru » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:29 am

The lieutenant glanced at the captain. Was that a play on words? Certainly not something you'd expect from your average krieger, but then from what Eckhardt had heard about Wyss and his lot was anything but average. Still the whole thing came across as slightly awkward, almost as if the captain had read about normal human interaction and was checking the boxes off a list. Make a joke to make them lower their guard, check. Reassure them this isn't serious. Check. Offer to make themselves comfortable. Check. Still... the man was making an effort and the cadian wasn't above returning the courtesy. He gestured to the bartender that it was time and then sat down opposite to the captain, his hands folded on the table in front of him.

"Thank you, captain. I believe you wrote that you wished to discuss doctrine?"

Character sheets

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:22 am

The table, which Eckhardt could see in better detail now that he was closer, carried several books regarding military theory and practical applications by various authors as well as a stack of blank papers and a few writing materials with a blank brown folder atop it all.

The Lieutenant still reffered to him in a formal manner, perhaps it was the most relaxed state he had.
"Indeed, are you familiar with sniper unit #8-316? More likely you remember the issued name 'Erika Hass'. What are your thoughts of it?" He said while reaching for the folder and flicking through it.

Tabitha Maru

Postby Tabitha Maru » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:39 pm

Eckhardt's eye briefly wandered across the stack of books on the table. Some works he was familiar with and some he was not. It seemed a little impractical to haul all these books here to the officer's club, so either the captain intended to spend some time planning something here in a relatively comfortable environment... or he wanted to maintain the image of someone erudite.

"I remember her, yes. She performed rather well last time I worked with her, good head on her shoulder. Surprisingly sociable for a member of the Death Korp as I recall"

The glass with the golden liquid was placed in front of him and he briefly inclined his head to the bartender to indicate his gratitude.

"I'm sure you have it in here folder there, but in the practice session I ran she showed rather good promise. She knew how to delegate and lead, achieved her objectives adequately, showed initiative and creativity. A practice session does of course not compare to the real deal, but barring a complete meltdown under stress I think it should transfer well. You may have excellent material for a sergeant right there and these qualities should, in my opinion, be cultivated."

Character sheets

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:32 pm

#1-101 gently nodded along as Eckhardt made his remarks until he pointed out at the folder open in front of him. The Hauptmann stopped flipping through the pages (He stopped on 'Terrain Utilisation') and raised his eyes up to the Lieutenant in a rather surprised expression, Unit #8-316 was a scout as well as a sniper, small unit tactics proficiency were part of every member of the 945th 'Curriculum' but to receive praise of such magnitude was far from expected. Unfortunately the Unit is still too unstable to be permanently entrusted with company manpower, it would also distract her from her current investigations into her peculiar condition.

"Noted." He replied then flicked over to the page titled 'Role, Doctrine-driven-Organisation'
"In truth, Unit 8-316 itself has little to do with the meeting: The qualities cultivated in the field units include full utilisation of information given by Company Command, it can be Doctrine both Strategic and Tactical, non-Krieg behavioural analysis and even Grand Strategic situations and goals, the Field Units are expected to use those ideas with the general aim of reaching the overall objectives as well as spreading them to the rest of Imperial Guard Forces.

"Which brings us here, this Information passed to Field Units is a result of Company Officer Staff meetings, similar to the one we are about to have right now. We are not at full attendance but without fresh output from outside, creativity can go only so far until diminishing returns and, simply put, we are short on time."

He hunched forward and lowered his voice only for the two of them to be heard, glancing to the sides to spot eavesdroppers and resting
"The 9453rd Company Manpower is larger than specified in the base roster, it is also about to experience severe attrition to the point where current structure is no longer viable therefore the need to reorganise accordingly to Doctrine and Naris Front Operations, Holt Knows. We are in the process of gathering data on other formations' organisations and methods of war, you represent the Cadians, arguably the best candidate for partial adaptation."

The Krieger straightened back and reached for the Pipe he put on the table before then fidgeted with its bowl from which smoke slowly began to rise.
"If you have any remarks or comments before we proceed, voice them now." He placed the pipe's tip into his mouth.

Tabitha Maru

Postby Tabitha Maru » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:53 am

Eckhardt took a sip from the glass as the captain began discussing the reasons for this meeting, raising his eyebrows briefly as the krieger mentioned that his force was stronger than it appeared in official documents but were about to suffer some extreme attrition. Curious. Even if Holt knew these seemed like odd admissions and that they were about to suffer attrition sounded quite concerning. When the captain glanced around, the lieutenant resisted the urge to follow his gaze. It was a strange place to have a conversation like this, so all the better to be subtle about it. Treat it like just another casual theoretical conversation.

"I'm curious, why do you turn to me and not captain Perray or major Keegan about it? It would seem they have more experience in the subject."
Last edited by Tabitha Maru on Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Character sheets

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:40 pm

#1-101 let a puff of smoke from his nostrils like a frustrated grox and slowly blinked.
"Penal Legionnaire Doctrine involves permitted field aquisition of supplies and equipment, often from other Imperial Units in complete contempt of the Logistics chain, we don't posses such permission or disregard for Krugermann's mental health. Keegan's methods are adequate for engaging hostiles but insufficient treatment of non combatants pushes neutrals into Xenos' lies, arguably the real deciding factor in winning this front. In addition to that, Keegan is untrustworthy: The 2nd Sons recieve their equipment directly from the Rogue Trader and never share, meaning that if the Major isn't fully subservient to non Militarum Interests then at the very least their cooperation is long past good taste, there is an office in the Base Intelligence Department responsible for ensuring the information delivered to our voidborne ally is properly vetted for fallacies, I wouldn't dare to impede their work. As for Captain Perray, I wouldn't distract her from current or... future Duties." In the last remark the captain's expression became grim and serious for the same duration as the wink his eye gave before softerning back.
"Anything else you need to know?"