[Closed] Operation Home and Cooked

The immediate area outside Naris Capitol city
User avatar
Hobbsy
Posts: 940
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:16 am
Location: Palmiston North, New Zealand

Postby Hobbsy » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:49 pm

TheRedauthar wrote:He laughs again, “So enjoying yourselfs?”

The two Bacarans, still with there dead eye looks, simply nodded at Bo. Yes, they were enjoying themselves. Though the sudden mention that this might be a death trap and the fact that they were struggling to make sense of Bo's continuous rambling, was putting a slight dampening upon their moods.

As the music suddenly died, both Sepdog's and Joseph's eyes widened a little. Shooting glance at each other and their surrounds, they returned to their dead eye stare once they were sure no one was coming at them with an axe or even a table knife.

User avatar
Johannes Wyss von Krieg
Posts: 2041
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:32 am
Location: Ramat-Gan, Israel

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:14 pm

"At vonce-" The Kriegerin was to confirm but suddenly was cut off right at the end by what only she could her.
She raised a finger to signal for a moment and slipped the other hand under the helmet, as if adjusting the Vox Piece

"Ja." She confirmed to the earpiece before telling Faeburn "Change to Vox Channel Sigma B" and returned to the vox "Verstanden -- When able to return? -- From Base? -- More of our 'sorties' to ze Village? Official? Kommissar Holt?! I vill pass it on." she continued speaking into the softly static vox on whose other end there is no one before rejoining the conversation.

"Herr Goyl, we haffe an emergency andt must depart immediately. Don't be alarmedt, I haffe just confirmedt High Kommand Vishes to make an official visit to your village to sample ze lokal kultur andt traditzions. Ve vill try to return as soon as ve are able. Farewell."

Without waiting for an answer the Kriegerin turned back and ran towards the Chimera, utilising the sudden death of the music to yell as loudly as she could
"EMERGENCY AT BASE, ALL GUARD FORCES TO EMBARK!"

User avatar
TheRedauthar
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:22 am

Postby TheRedauthar » Tue May 28, 2019 4:12 am

Johannes Wyss von Krieg wrote:Without waiting for an answer the Kriegerin turned back and ran towards the Chimera, utilising the sudden death of the music to yell as loudly as she could
"EMERGENCY AT BASE, ALL GUARD FORCES TO EMBARK!"


“They’re escaping!” a voice bellows over the crowd, “STOP ‘EM!”

Goyl draws a laspistol from his Suit Jacket, “You think you can just…”

Shots are fired into the air. Goyl Scowls, “We need that transport! Don’t let them take it!”

He aims and fires at three quick bursts. They go wide missing both Faeburn and Erika, but it’s enough to distract as he and his companion flee into the crowd. Members of that said crowd keep firing while other members scream. The shots are….well let’s just say, Orks would be considered sharpshooters compared to these guys. The biggest danger is the panicking party goers, trampling through everything.

LaxKnight wrote:“Well, I don’t think I can fix it,” he said as he started to unzip it, “But… I think I can do something just as good.”

Risky would see in his bag was an acoustic guitar.


Risky’s eyes light up when she sees the guitar, “Well aren’t you full of surprises. Guess we won’t be needing these speakers…”

She begins dragging them away to give more room. She turns to say something else when a loud shout echoes across the party…

There’s the shot of a stub gun follows. Blood and beads fly through the air towards Jack as Risky collapses. Behind her a party goer fires again, but hits one of the speakers. Cursing the attacker turns and flees.

Hobbsy wrote:As the music suddenly died, both Sepdog's and Joseph's eyes widened a little. Shooting glance at each other and their surrounds, they returned to their dead eye stare once they were sure no one was coming at them with an axe or even a table knife.


The other party goers at the table hardly give notice. It’s the ones away from the table that are giving them stink eyes. Nobody is moving towards them. Just eyeing them.

At least until…
Shots are fired over the crowd and two men and a woman charge Joseph and Sepdog, small blades in their hands. It might have stung...maybe even killed them if they got close but the panicking refugees hinder the movements, giving the Bacarans and Lourne the advantage.

A fourth attacker rushes Krast with a pick, but Bo, swinging his mug wildly knocks it from the man’s hands, “Sho sorry friend, lemme get that for ya…”

Bo waddles away to go fetch the pick, but gets pushed into the crowd, leaving the unarmed attacker in front of Krast with a scared look on their face.

--

Raymond’s new...business acquaintance gulps at the gunshots, “Golden Throne we’re not ready, not even close!”

He hands stub gun to Raymond. It’s light, likely empty, but the idiot doesn’t notice, “They’re likely to rush us. We gotta get those explosives in their ….transport thingy!”

--

There’s a bit of maniacal laughter as O’Toole mashes an attacker’s face with his fist. He’s fine, but Briggins is still unaccounted for.
[[O’Toole is still here technically here for QuothTheRaven.]]

User avatar
Hobbsy
Posts: 940
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:16 am
Location: Palmiston North, New Zealand

Postby Hobbsy » Wed May 29, 2019 3:51 am

As they continued to listen to the constant dribble being directed at them, the unsavoury glares did not go unnoticed by the two Bacarans. But they were promptly ignored. Not to say they didn't note it, though such glares were common for the penal soldiers. Though everything changed as the shoots range out.

Immediately the two sprung into action, standing and heaving their packs onto their backs. Nov-dog was the first to notice the threat. He quickly took up a stance, drawing his machete for the coming fight. But as the crowd slowed the aggressors, the Bacarans turned and bolted. As much as they would have relished a chance to fight, the danger of being blindsided from any direction by anyone was too great. It was best to at least get out of the crowd and to the tank, their best escape option.

As the two made a b line for the vehicle, Joseph bellowed as he forged a path for him and Nov-dog through the crowd, "Everybody get down, get down!". Hopefully everyone would hear him over the panic. Not only would those who were innocent be safer from stray rounds, but their path to the tank would be easier.

[[Roll to leg it to the tank=2+3 quick=5
Roll to get people down=0+0 flashy=0 :? ]]

User avatar
CyGamer
Posts: 894
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:16 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Postby CyGamer » Wed May 29, 2019 11:20 pm

Krast was still trying to learn something from Bo, and with the feeling of being watched he was edgy. When things broke out he instinctively reached for his hellgun, and swore when he grasped empty air. Then gun shots went off, and the crowd panicked, whirling around him and Bo, who was still too drunk to figure anything out. Krast turned around, seeing the Baracans getting ready to run, as someone broke from the crowd.

“Ah throne, why can’t anything go right!?” He yelled, reaching for his autogun tucked into his pants, when he heard someone cry out behind him. He turned, seeing the traitor charge him with an ice pick, a look of panic in his eyes, there wasn’t enough time to draw, and could he run around? Everything slowed, till Bo spun around and knocked the weapon away, stopping both him and the traitor. That’s when Krast got mad. He stood up, puffing his chest a bit as a dark look cane over his face. The Cadian was much taller than the villager, and wider too.

“Alright then, let me show you what we do with traitors on Cadia.” He growled, flying forward with his arms out.

((4u1=2+4 forceful for a total of 6))

In a flash, Krast was on top of the man, fist cocked back as he brought down a haymaker right to the face.
Cy Character Chart
Who says the future has to be grimdark? Matt Ward that's who.

User avatar
LaxKnight
Posts: 905
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:23 pm
Location: United States

Postby LaxKnight » Thu May 30, 2019 1:50 am

Jack yet again found himself nearly swept off his feet as Risky whisked him off toward somewhere with more space. He didn’t really hear the shouts for he dismissed them for disgruntled from the lack of music. Instead, his thoughts were swimming with what he was about to do. Jack never played for so many people before. What if they didn’t like him? What if a string snapped? What would he even play? He didn’t want to play something offensive and all he could think of were military songs.

His purple eyes looked to Risky. He didn’t want to disappoint her. She was looking back to him to say something and he was going to give her a smile when the familiar sound of a stubgun echoed through the air. His face instantly went to terror as blood spilled and Risky began to go fall. Almost instinctively he pulled her toward him.

No no no! Emperor please no! he thought frantically as he quickly knelt down and tried to look for a pulse, even though he was fairly certain he knew the answer, Please still be alive.
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

LaxKnight's Character Hub
Order of the Shed Tear

User avatar
Johannes Wyss von Krieg
Posts: 2041
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:32 am
Location: Ramat-Gan, Israel

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Thu May 30, 2019 3:04 pm

Unit #8-318 was already running towards the IFV, though the enemy's sudden and violent reaction was an unfurtunate -it puts no changes in their plans.

With the vehicle's doors were already sealed and her having the keys, it fell upon Erika to provide security for their means of escape.
The Kriegerin unlocked the back hatch and opened it wide, hopped in and unholstered her laspistol.
"ALL GUARD FORCES TO EMBARK!" #8-316 yelled and waved for the Imperials to come closer.
From this position, almost impervious to small arms fire, she let friendlies pass in and fired at the incoming hostiles -blowing up their heads clean off.

Killing Traitors:
Rolled: 2+3(Quick) +?(Aspect: Critical Hit) =5+? TOTAL
Image

User avatar
TheRedauthar
Posts: 480
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:22 am

Postby TheRedauthar » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:29 am

LaxKnight wrote:Jack yet again found himself nearly swept off his feet as Risky whisked him off toward somewhere with more space. He didn’t really hear the shouts for he dismissed them for disgruntled from the lack of music. Instead, his thoughts were swimming with what he was about to do. Jack never played for so many people before. What if they didn’t like him? What if a string snapped? What would he even play? He didn’t want to play something offensive and all he could think of were military songs.

His purple eyes looked to Risky. He didn’t want to disappoint her. She was looking back to him to say something and he was going to give her a smile when the familiar sound of a stubgun echoed through the air. His face instantly went to terror as blood spilled and Risky began to go fall. Almost instinctively he pulled her toward him.

No no no! Emperor please no! he thought frantically as he quickly knelt down and tried to look for a pulse, even though he was fairly certain he knew the answer, Please still be alive.


There’s a pulse. Emperor’s Throne, she’s alive, bleeding, but alive. If the bleeding is stopped, she’d make it. Of course, she’s in a bit of shock right now. She’s mumbling about not understanding what just happened, why her arm feels heavy, how her dress got ruined, how Jack’s shades look awesome, and his butt, and other incoherent babbling.

A rough hand pulls Jack up, “Get outta here!”

It’s the man who stepped on his foot earlier.

“If you get separated from your squad you’ll be easy pickings!”

--

CyGamer wrote:Krast was still trying to learn something from Bo, and with the feeling of being watched he was edgy. When things broke out he instinctively reached for his hellgun, and swore when he grasped empty air. Then gun shots went off, and the crowd panicked, whirling around him and Bo, who was still too drunk to figure anything out. Krast turned around, seeing the Baracans getting ready to run, as someone broke from the crowd.

“Ah throne, why can’t anything go right!?” He yelled, reaching for his autogun tucked into his pants, when he heard someone cry out behind him. He turned, seeing the traitor charge him with an ice pick, a look of panic in his eyes, there wasn’t enough time to draw, and could he run around? Everything slowed, till Bo spun around and knocked the weapon away, stopping both him and the traitor. That’s when Krast got mad. He stood up, puffing his chest a bit as a dark look cane over his face. The Cadian was much taller than the villager, and wider too.

“Alright then, let me show you what we do with traitors on Cadia.” He growled, flying forward with his arms out.

((4u1=2+4 forceful for a total of 6))

In a flash, Krast was on top of the man, fist cocked back as he brought down a haymaker right to the face.


Krast feels the satisfactory crunch of the man’s cartilage breaking, shattering the attacker’s nose.


“Ock, my nobe!” he wails, falling from his feet. He tries to stop the blood flow as he begins to crawl away, but he’s blocked as the frenzied mob stops his hands.

Before Krast can give chase, he hears a yelp. A plate of scones rolls towards him as he sees Agatha, the kind old lady, pushed to the ground by panicking party peoples. She’ll be trampled…

But...if Krast helps her, his attacker might slip away. Worse still...there are three more attackers who have lost sight of the Bacarans. It’s only a matter of time before they turn to him.

--

Hobbsy wrote:As they continued to listen to the constant dribble being directed at them, the unsavoury glares did not go unnoticed by the two Bacarans. But they were promptly ignored. Not to say they didn't note it, though such glares were common for the penal soldiers. Though everything changed as the shoots range out.

Immediately the two sprung into action, standing and heaving their packs onto their backs. Nov-dog was the first to notice the threat. He quickly took up a stance, drawing his machete for the coming fight. But as the crowd slowed the aggressors, the Bacarans turned and bolted. As much as they would have relished a chance to fight, the danger of being blindsided from any direction by anyone was too great. It was best to at least get out of the crowd and to the tank, their best escape option.

As the two made a b line for the vehicle, Joseph bellowed as he forged a path for him and Nov-dog through the crowd, "Everybody get down, get down!". Hopefully everyone would hear him over the panic. Not only would those who were innocent be safer from stray rounds, but their path to the tank would be easier.

[[Roll to leg it to the tank=2+3 quick=5
Roll to get people down=0+0 flashy=0 :? ]]


The duo easily slip away from their attackers, though their voices are not heard above all the hullabaloo. The crowd continually blocks their path forcing them to detour around many fearful refugees, and some aggressive looking thugs.

The Chimera is just a small ways away when they see Korvo waving his hands wildly at them. Trying to get their attention.

“Over here! Your friend needs help!”

--

Johannes Wyss von Krieg wrote:Unit #8-318 was already running towards the IFV, though the enemy's sudden and violent reaction was an unfurtunate -it puts no changes in their plans.

With the vehicle's doors were already sealed and her having the keys, it fell upon Erika to provide security for their means of escape.
The Kriegerin unlocked the back hatch and opened it wide, hopped in and unholstered her laspistol.
"ALL GUARD FORCES TO EMBARK!" #8-316 yelled and waved for the Imperials to come closer.
From this position, almost impervious to small arms fire, she let friendlies pass in and fired at the incoming hostiles -blowing up their heads clean off.

Killing Traitors:
Rolled: 2+3(Quick) +?(Aspect: Critical Hit) =5+? TOTAL
Image


If Kriegers felt emotion, Erika is sure her superiors would be proud of her marksmanship, too bad they aren’t around to see it. The traitors surrounding the transport fall, many dropping bags of what appear to be homebrewed explosives. Luckily none go off.

Seeing the carnage, the non-hostiles begin fleeing away from the chimera, giving Erika more space to defend the entry, though not far enough to stop delaying the her comrades.

Suddenly a space appears, and Freed steps through the mass of people. In his hands he holds a heavy stubber. He’s eyes are wild as he aims towards the chimera.

“A few more bullet holes won’t make much of a difference.”

--

[[For sake of simplicity and that no one dies while away:
Lourne is still with Krast, and will stick with him until Heart|Soul says otherwise.
Raymond is in a position where he can see the Chimera and the Bacarans. He’ll make his way to the Chimera and board until Commissar Cat says otherwise.
O’Toole is also cans see the Chimera and Jack. He’ll make his way to the Chimera and board Until QuothTheRaven says otherwise.
Faeburn is with Erika, and will stick with here until NicklausOfKrieg says otherwise.]]

User avatar
Hobbsy
Posts: 940
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:16 am
Location: Palmiston North, New Zealand

Postby Hobbsy » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:34 am

Korvo's call quickly grabs Joseph's attention. The group they had come with were spread to the four winds. But they couldn't just leave the others could they? Before he could give it any more thought, the Bacaran ran straight into the back of someone, his momentum sending the both of them to the ground. Joseph quickly found himself pinned between what was a man now face first in the ground and his own pack. Nov-dog, who had thankful been paying more attention to were he was going, appeared behind the pile up and immediately began to help his fellow Bacaran up. With no other option but to push the man down to push himself up, Joseph was about to apologize when something caught his eye. Was that a heavy stubber?! He'd never fired one of those before!

With little thought put into why it was there or who it belonged to, Joseph quickly snatched up the weapon from under the man and cradled it the last little distance to the chimera. Once inside, the two Bacarans offloaded their packs as they discussed there latest find.

"Omen! Where did you get the gun?!"
"From underneath that guy I fell over."
"Sweet! Should we use it now on these traitors?"
"Later! We got to get our guys out of that crowd."
"Okay, where are they?"
"I don't know, will find out."

With that the two Bacarans hope out of the transport. Joseph with his shovel, Nov-Dog with his machete. "We're going to get the others, wait if you can!" Joseph quickly passed on to Erika as the two pressed on into the crowd once more in Korvo's direction.
[[Roll to bowl over Freed and steal his gun=2+2 forceful=4
Roll to move quickly through the crowd to Korvo=-1+3 quick=2]]

User avatar
Johannes Wyss von Krieg
Posts: 2041
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:32 am
Location: Ramat-Gan, Israel

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:38 pm

"Leutnant!" Erika's voice carried louder than the constant discharge of brutal laser "Keys!" She handed him over the Chimera Activator as he passed by into the vehicle. Soon enough, the IFV began its signature vibrating and thrumming of a war machine ready to move.
TheRedauthar wrote:The traitors surrounding the transport fell, many dropping bags of what appear to be homebrewed explosives. Luckily none go off.

Seeing the carnage, the non-hostiles begin fleeing away from the chimera, giving Erika more space to defend the entry, though not far enough to stop delaying the her comrades.

Suddenly a space appears, and Freed steps through the mass of people. In his hands he holds a heavy stubber. He’s eyes are wild as he aims towards the chimera.

“A few more bullet holes won’t make much of a difference.”

The Kriegerin did not make the effort to appreciate her grotesque handiwork for it was not the time for such things. Instead she refocused on the incoming heavy stubber threat, which even her carapace armour couldn't protect against in direct, point blank extended full-belt spray.

Hobbsy wrote: the Bacaran ran straight into the back of someone, his momentum sending the both of them to the ground. Joseph quickly found himself pinned between what was a man now face first in the ground and his own pack. Nov-dog, who had thankful been paying more attention to were he was going, appeared behind the pile up and immediately began to help his fellow Bacaran up. With no other option but to push the man down to push himself up, Joseph was about to apologize when something caught his eye. Was that a heavy stubber?! He'd never fired one of those before!

Joseph quickly snatched up the weapon from under the man and cradled it the last little distance to the chimera.


His face was directly in between her sights but a sudden shift its elevation stopped her from shooting at the one who apparently wrestled against the assailant only to discover it was the penal trooper - not an enemy. As soon as the pair of Baracans were at sufficient distance she fired another shot to Freed's head, where it belongs, #9463/8-316 indeed Freed him from the bounds of this mortal realm and straight to the Emperor's Judgement.

Hobbsy wrote:With that the two Bacarans hope out of the transport. Joseph with his shovel, Nov-Dog with his machete. "We're going to get the others, wait if you can!" Joseph quickly passed on to Erika as the two pressed on into the crowd once more in Korvo's direction.


Between the disintegration of the traitors' frontlines and the non combatants' rapid retreat, the Kriegerin used the temporary lull in the fighting to reattach her respirator and face mask, sealing her from the elements, providing the integrated photo visor's benefits and granting the little bit of head protection that separates life from death. And kept Firing.

Purging in the Emperor's Name:
-1+3(Quick) =2 TOTAL
Image
EVEN MORE PURGING IN THE EMPEROR'S NAME!
2 +3(Quick) =5 TOTAL
Image

User avatar
LaxKnight
Posts: 905
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:23 pm
Location: United States

Postby LaxKnight » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:35 am

A small bit of relief soothed Jack when he felt a pulse. She’s alive! This was reinforced by the fact that she was muttering a bunch. Did she say something about his butt? However, she was still shot and she still needed treatment. Jack was considering what he could use to cover the wound when a hand yanked him up. He was rearing to deliver a punch at the intruder but it was the man who stepped on his boot telling him to get out of here. Jack was at first confused on why this guy was doing something besides beating his face in but at the mention of the squad he realized he was indeed in trouble.

Jack looked down at Risky, then to the Chimera, then back at Risky. The thought of picking up a wounded civvie and taking them back to base when he wasn't supposed to be out in a barbeque did cross his mind but as quickly as it appeared it left. She needed help and they can't stay here. He picked up the poor girl in his arms and ran with her toward the Chimera. Hopefully, there was a medkit or something inside.
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

LaxKnight's Character Hub
Order of the Shed Tear

User avatar
CyGamer
Posts: 894
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:16 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Postby CyGamer » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:03 am

Krast felt his fist hit cartilage, and saw the attacker crash back down. He pulled back, taking a boxing stance but saw it wasn’t necessary as the shiv was kicked away from him. The kasrkin smiled, ready to deal a killing blow to the traitor before moving on, when he heard a cry of panic and pain. He turned, and saw Agatha fall to the group, stampede of people running around her.

“Shit.” He swore, eyes darting back to the crawling traitor. If he helped her, he’d get away and could come back for them. But if he stopped the traitor... ah why the hell was everything so fuzzy on this planet?! His eyes flickered, Agatha, Traitor, Agatha, Traitor. No time to decide, no time for weighing options. He made his decision.

((4u1=0+2 quick=2))

He raced over to Agatha, shouldering people aside as he reached down, putting his arms under the elderly woman’s legs and back before lifting her up.

“Sorry ma’am! MAKE WAY YOU BASTARDS!” He yelled, pushing through people towards the serving tables. He ran over, dropping to a slide as he reached them and set the old woman behind them for safety.

“Sorry about all this ma’am, seems that we aren’t all that welcome.” He said, a dry humorless laugh as he tried to seem confident. He took this quiet moment to draw his autogun and flicking the safety off in one motion.
Cy Character Chart
Who says the future has to be grimdark? Matt Ward that's who.

User avatar
Heart|Soul
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:08 pm
Location: Jacksonville, Florida

Postby Heart|Soul » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:46 pm

Lourn almost went for the old lady, but Krast beat him to it. Deciding that the traitor could also be useful somehow, the pilot went for him before he could crawl away, twisting his arm behind him to at least keep him in place.

((4u1 + 1 Forceful = 2))

Certain (or at least hopeful) that he had the traitor secure, he tried to pull him up, with arguable success depending on your point of view, and hissed into his ear, "What in the Emperor's golden name is going on here?"

((4u1 + 1 Forceful = 1))


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests