Out of the Frying Pan (Closed/PM to join)

The immediate area outside Naris Capitol city
Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:15 pm

The Vox Bead popped into action, freezing the Unit in its place. It was an... Unexpected turn of Events, that much for sure. It was now uncertain how to act, Should they Maintain Cover? Attack? Find the Jamming Device?

++Scout Team to Halvus. Addendum: Task Parameters Achieved without Action. The Fox is in the Hen house. Requesting Further Directives. Over.++

[[Free Action. 3 Actions Remaining.]]

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:01 pm

As Giselle replied, Joseph's face steadily sunk as she went on. She was right. No matter what he said, he knew that what she said was right. The guard would return once more to this village and the villagers would not fear well after all that had transpired. They may all be shot as traitors.

Joseph stood silently there, even whilst she made replied on what appeared to be an ear piece and revealed herself to be the newly appointed mayor. For a moment longer he stood still, his eyes filled with sorrow. Finally he gave a sigh, walked over and embarrassed Giselle.

"I'm sorry." He quietly stated as he hug the elder women. "I know it most likely doesn't mean anything now, but I'm sorry for everything that the guard has done. I'm sorry for what happened to your daughters, I'm sorry for what happened to your community and I'm sorry for the unfeasible position you are all in now. I wish you the best and pray that the Emperor guide you through this storm. Take it from someone who has walked a similar path. Although it may not seem like it, he is still watching over all of us."

The Bacaran hugged for a little longer before gently letting her go. Yet his face indicated confusion. "By the way, if you are angry with the guard, why bring out fresh bread to sell to them?". In his hand Joseph held the loan she had sold him only a few minutes again.

Heart|Soul

Postby Heart|Soul » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:52 pm

Lourn ran down the road as fast as his legs could carry him, cursing all the way. He'd only looked away for a moment, and the next thing he knew, Rankin had slipped away; with a Chimera, no less. When he managed to catch up to the group, he had to take a few seconds to catch his breath before addressing the Commissar.

"I'm sorry, sir. I tried to watch him."

Taking another, closer look at the situation, he stuffed Rankin's pistol down the back of his pants and hefted his lasrifle, making sure to keep his offhand on the outside. He didn't want to seem hostile, after all.

Warsmith Wolf

Postby Warsmith Wolf » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:54 pm

Fates End wrote:Out in the woods, the two Pathfinders array themselves, both watching #66. Patient hunters, waiting for the order to fire. The forest fills with tension again, as though a fight is about to break out again.
Oh, if only. But the universe is not so kind to failures.

#66's silent simmering had, by now, progressed into a quiet smoulder. Every second wasted here was a second not spent forwarding the objective of asset recovery. A second spent being lined up by xenos in the treeline, unable to act upon it. The Grenadier knew they could easily cut down the first xeno if the ceasefire was broken, but the second would most likely be able to get off a shot with all the preparation the Command Units were surreptitiously granting it. That tau plasma was heretically effective was a fact the shocktrooper knew well enough, and the result would either be a mission-impeding injury, or death.

#66 did not fear death, for it was welcome. #66 feared a pointless death - a life spent not to further the objective or to kill yet more enemies of the Emperor, but a death wasted in some tactically worthless culvert, having killed a paltry number of alien filth - or, even worse, suffering an injury that slowed down the mission. Such useless sacrifice spat in the face of an operation deemed worthy of being a Final Dispensation, and the very notion of disgracing their fellow Kriegers with such an act incensed the Grenadier greatly.

Tap-tap-tap, went the trigger finger. Tap-tap-tap.
Fates End wrote:For a moment the third Pathfinder doesn't seem to say anything, though his head tilts in what could be confusion when #66 chokes out a wordless response. He recoils slightly, obviously unsettled. Likely after he receives orders, he shakes his head and calls out to Hat. "You're the ones who hurt him, now you go to finish the job Imperial? I will watch, make sure you don't slit his . . . throat?"
There it was again, daring to poison the air with its desecration of Imperial Gothic. The Krieger replied, making a noise somewhere between a snarl, a growl, and a grox choking on its cud. Eventually, the unit managed to force itself to articulate actual words at the xeno.

"...ce...cease speaking. Cease. Speaking."

Emphasis was placed through strategically timed pauses, though whether this was from intent or from the effort of forcing themselves to willingly speak to a tau, none could say.
Ferrum honore veniat.
Personal blog
List of characters

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:08 am

"One more idiotic word out of your fool mouth, and the first thing your men will notice upon tearful reunion is my large iridescent bootprint across your face." Malcolm rounded on Rankin, his own snarl one of cold fury.

"It is the Munitorum's duty to supply you, and your duty to manage those supplies to feed your men! Not steal from the population! Any child who can read knows that the taking of food and unchecked resources is strictly against regulation, as set out in both the Imperial Primer, and the Narisan edition." violet eyes glinted beneath the peaked cap, his words clipped, his tone frosted.

Turning back to face the militia leader, Malcolm smiled in a slightly wolfish manner, "The good lieutenant is about to do sweet jack shit to your people. He's been stripped of his command."
The junior commissar explained this quite casually, as though he wasn't within direct line of sight and earshot of Rankin.
"His word on the matter counts for a fart in a gale both now, and when we return to base." Lucan inclined his head, the smile now quite upbeat. There was a glint of mischief in his eyes, still. If he makes it back. It is a very large forest, after all.

Glancing between the Chimera, Alaine and the militia, Lucan held out his hands directly stepping between the Chimera turrets and the men, "So look, let's just de-escalate here. Breathe."

He waited for a few beats, and lowered his hands, "As far as I am concerned, the loss of your kinsmen was more than enough punishment for whatever happened here with the Steel Legion. And if we had to wipe out every Narisan who had their heads turned by Tau promises, you wouldn't even be halfway up the waiting list." he shook his head, "But if you continue to obstruct us, then there is going to be an actual issue. One that I can't actually circumvent for you."

(( Careful roll to avoid making things worse: total 3 ))

"However I repeat my offer; we leave you Lieutenant Rankin, and you let us through." Lucan shrugged brightly, "Call it insurance, pest control, what have you."

(( Clever roll to try and convince the militia to let them pass: total 5 ))

blinddeadmcjones

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:59 am

Fates End wrote:
Back in the village, the Tau commander responds on the Vox again. ++Consider it dropped for three minutes. Tell your men outside the government building that there is an accord. They sound jumpy and I imagine you don't want any accidents.++ There is no specific audio cue that the jamming has stopped, it would seem the only way to test it is to try.

Down in the square, Corporal Jackson thanked his lucky stars that the vox had popped. ++Lieutenant Halvus, this is Clydesdale. Outside the central building, traitor scum inside say they've got the Steel Legion boys inside and are supposed to give them to us. They say there's a cease-fire. That true?++

Johannes Wyss von Krieg wrote:The Vox Bead popped into action, freezing the Unit in its place. It was an... Unexpected turn of Events, that much for sure. It was now uncertain how to act, Should they Maintain Cover? Attack? Find the Jamming Device?

++Scout Team to Halvus. Addendum: Task Parameters Achieved without Action. The Fox is in the Hen house. Requesting Further Directives. Over.++

[[Free Action. 3 Actions Remaining.]]

with the clock ticking halvus immediately got to work ++it most definitely is true clydestale, it appears that Leftenant Rankin has deceived us as to what took place here. we have vox communication for the next 3 minutes, lower your weapons and pull pack to the gallows, scout team is do the same and withdraw from the building++

LaxKnight wrote:Hat sprayed one final splurt from the fire extinguisher and put out the last bit of fire. She gave a sad frown for a moment then heard a freakish voice call out to them. She turned to see one of the disgusting Tau running at them, saying he was going to help the former prisoner, realizing what the bitch Krieger did totally made them look bad on camera. She pointed a angry finger at the Tau runner.

“You stay right over there!” she yelled at him, “I’m gonna see to him.”

She pointed her fire extinguisher at the freak for a moment in threat before moving over to the civilian, giving a tired sigh. Damn Krieger. ++Hat to Halvus. A little late on that. They caught the Krieger beating up the runner before releasing them. The fire's out and I'm seeing to the runner, over,++ she whispered over the vox.

++noted hat, keep me posted, #66 persevere just a little longer, accomplishment of main objective imminent in spite of the disgrace of Leftenant Rankins misconduct and deception.++

now came the moment of truth, getting in touch with the steel legion, inputting the frequency and ident codes, the liuetenant open up the channel again

++Steel Legion units this is Acting Command Officer Leftenant Halvus of the Prometheron 653rd, we are here to retrieve you and your equipment to bring you back to friendly lines, for this to happen however i am going to give you some very specific instructions which you will follow to the letter, if you deviate even slightly i won't wait for the commissars to deal with you is that understood? a simple yes or no will suffice++ halvus paused for a couple of seconds to hear their response before continuing

++first and foremost you are going to walk through the village in single file with your weapons slung and holstered with all ammunition removed from them, you will not speak or interact with any of the village locals, during this process you will keep your hands up above your heads and your heads will be hung in shame for the disgrace you have brought upon the emperors name and his imperial guard

this also applies to vehicle crews, all gunners commanders and loaders are to dismount and walk in single file with weapons holstered and ammunition removed same as the infantry, likewise you will keep your hands up in the air and your heads bowed low, drivers will carefully move the vehicles through the village back to our position without causing any further damage, is. that. clear?++ again she waited a few seconds for them to respond

++finally let me reiterate, this is the culmination of careful negotiation conducted in the field, we know what you did and furthermore Leftenant Rankin has been relieved of his command, if any of you screw this process up, you will all be left here for the tau to use as target practice and your souls forfeited to be damned for eternity for your shameful actions. do you understand?!++

Warsmith Wolf

Postby Warsmith Wolf » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:04 am

blinddeadmcjones wrote:++"#66 persevere just a little longer, accomplishment of main objective imminent in spite of the disgrace of Leftenant Rankin's misconduct and deception."++

++"...in spite of the disgrace of Leftenant Rankin's misconduct and deception."++

++"Misconduct and deception."++
"This can't get any worse." This is a phrase many fools proclaim, only to have Fate rudely remind them that such an occurrence is not only possible, but in fact very much imminent.

It was as if a lockbolt had been released on a gate holding back a flood. #66's mind swam with the implication - the implication that the Designated Command Unit had deceived and misled his troops, quantified by fellow officers.

That he had tarnished this entire operation, and caused this abhorrent state of affairs - where xenos were allowed to go free and recidivists remained unpunished.

That #66 would die in vain because of his stupidity.

Hard-coded training took over as the Grenadier reminded themselves that they were a weapon. Weapons killed traitors and impediments to the mission. Rankin was a traitor and an impediment to the mission. The Krieger's inherent drive to follow orders attempted to counter this revelation, but such calming thoughts did not come quickly enough to a mind already festering in an urge to do something, anything, to save the operation.

[[#4u1 = -1, +1 Quick, -2 Trouble: More Of A Weapon Than Her Weapon = -2.]]

From the eyes of an observer, it was as if the Grenadier had simply been told to pack up and relocate. Completely silently and yet with alarming speed, the Krieger snapped around on the spot and began marching off towards the village, the telltale rumble of a Chimera's petrochem engine informing the unit that the target had relocated his command vehicle to the front. #66 offered no explanation to Hat or even a response to Halvus on the vox, moving with a cold and silent determination.

Eager fingers on a heavy weapon grip. Tap-tap-tap.
Ferrum honore veniat.
Personal blog
List of characters

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:15 am

blinddeadmcjones wrote:with the clock ticking halvus immediately got to work ++it most definitely is true clydestale, it appears that Leftenant Rankin has deceived us as to what took place here. we have vox communication for the next 3 minutes, lower your weapons and pull pack to the gallows, scout team is do the same and withdraw from the building++

That is troubling... If the Scout team is to retreat without getting to the hostages, the Rebels will still hold them. While it is understandable the Rebels will soon release the Hostages, their number is unknown and only the Hostages were negotiated for -Not their Weapons. If the Number of Hostages is large it would be a big pile of Weapons abandoned to the Enemy.

Focous: What is the main objective of the Mission? To Ensure the Steel Legion passes through this village unharmed, the PERSONNEL are the Priority. Soon the Hostages would be released, the OBJECTIVE is about to be fulfilled, interfering by trying to somehow stretch the luck further when acquiring their Equipment will only lower the chances of the OBJECTIVE being fulfilled. Plus, if the Enemy doesn't know this team was inside them all along they would have a sense of security and keep the standards as they were now in the future.

They have their Orders. Retreat and Regroup.

*Retreat* The Lead Scout signalled.

Rolled to Sneak back
Rolled: 2 +3(Sneaky) +1(Cameleoline) =6 TOTAL
They returned to the same window and tied their ropes once again in the same fashion. One end was anchored and this time 2 descended at the same time, going down even faster.

Rolled to Sneakily go down to the building outside.
Rolled: 2 +3(Sneaky) +1(Cameleoline) =6 TOTAL

Here they were again on the Building Outside, A wasted opportunity but also one must know the limits of their ability.

[1 Full Action Remaining]]
Last edited by Johannes Wyss von Krieg on Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:57 am

Hat wasn’t sure if the filthy Pathfinder’s call to her was humorous or infuriating but it was certainly annoying. She decided to not dignify the vile xenos with a response and instead focus on the task she set out to do: see what was up with the civilian. She looked over his body to see what the damage was.

Hat heard quick rustling and looked up to see the bitch Krieger…. leaving? No words, no orders, literally picked up her gun and left. Not toward the Tau either, she was going away from them. She watched in confusion for a moment then turned on her vox.

++Uh… Hat to Halvus, uh… did you tell the… the gunner Krieger to go anywhere? Or anyone else tell them to? Because she just left. Left me… all alone… with the Tau…++ her voice fell as a terrifying realization crept on her.

Hat was all alone with all these Tau now. If anything was going to go down, it will take a lot more than the Flame Lord’s blessing to save her. She started to shake. She set her bag down, put her fire extinguisher in it, and pulled out a bottle of alcohol. She took a drink of it and held it in her hand as she tried to figure out what she was going to do with the civvie and the suddenly precarious situation she was in. Besides running, of course.

[Rolling Clever 2 to find booboos]
Alric3032:4U1+2 → 4( (-1 +1 +1 +1)+ 2)
[Total: 4]
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

LaxKnight's Character Hub
Order of the Shed Tear

blinddeadmcjones

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:12 am

LaxKnight wrote:
++Uh… Hat to Halvus, uh… did you tell the… the gunner Krieger to go anywhere? Or anyone else tell them to? Because she just left. Left me… all alone… with the Tau…++

news of #66 leaving their position certainly got Halvus'es attention, up until this point the grenadier had been most reliable with its adherence to orders, but this development was...somewhat unwelcome

++i didn't++ she replied curtly ++in any event don't move from your position next to the civilian, the tau won't do anything that will risk harming or killing even one of the villagers so as long as you're still with one you should be safe++ with that halvus paused for a second, thinking back through what she last said to #66 prior to this happening, it didn't take long to dawn on her

++"#66 persevere just a little longer, accomplishment of main objective imminent in spite of the disgrace of Leftenant Rankin's misconduct and deception."++

++Commissar the krieg grenadier and has abandoned their post, presumably heading your way to confront Rankin, you might want to get him as far away from you and the militia as possible. #66, no one gave you the order the vacate your post, hold and return to previous position immediately or you will be found to be hindering the objective++

Fates End

Postby Fates End » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:55 am

Advance Team (Halvus, Erika, Hat, Joseph, #66)

If lieutenant Halvus were to listen oh-so-carefully to her vox for a response to her lengthy instructions in regards to the steel Legion. She would be met with . . . nothing. No click of response, no calls of affirmation, not even a request for repeated orders. The channels Rankin had given her were devoid of any activity. The seconds were passing with alarming speed and the Steel Legion didn't seem to be listening, or perhaps they were unable to hear the message? In either event, only silence greeted her.

Her orders to the Cadians in the square did receive a response, however. Corporal Jackson sounded quite relieved as he and his fellows started pulling back, giving eyes to the woman still sitting like a statue at the edge of the Fountain. ++Roger that, Lieutenant. Falling back to Gallows. Sounds like there's movement inside the building.++

As the squad in the square fell back, Jackson kept his eyes peeled on the doors of the building. They opened slowly and several figures with rifles emerged slowly, hesitantly. They surveyed the area before waving to someone further in the building. Seconds later, a figure in steel Legion garb exited the building with his hands on top of his head. He was followed by one, and then two, and then more and more.

++Lieutenant, looks like they have Steel Legion prisoners . . . counting---at least fifteen, more coming out. No weapons, any orders before the jamming goes back up?++

((Halvus, you have about 30 seconds left of airtime before the Tau reinstate the local jamming and you likely lose contact with your forces in the Square. No specific reaction rolls required))

From Erika's position, she can count more Steel Legionnaires coming out of the building. What looks to be almost thirty men and women. Hardened killers and brutes by their look, seething expressions as they stare daggers at the local militia. They have spotted Jackson's men and their mood seems to be rapidly improving. Growls of "Just wait until we're back, Berry-lovers." and snarls of "We'll do you just like those traitors at the stop." could be heard amongst other unsuitable and vile threats.

The Militia seemed worried, but waved the Steel Legionnaires forward, "Just get going. Remember, you hurt anyone and the deal's off." A woman called out at them with a shaking voice.

This threat was met with only jeering laughter. "Oh yeah? So why let us go?" One of the Legionnaires barked out, waving towards the Cadians. "You're all dead meat anyways. What matter is it if its today or next week? Once Bloody Mary gets here, you're all dead."

((Erika, you are concealed and still have your extra action from last turn. No reaction rolls required at this time))

Out in the forest, Hat can tell the civilian is in a bad way. Several of his ribs are cracked or worse, and blood is seeping from his mouth. Truthfully, the damage done might be enough to kill him, and unless the Village has medical personnel, there's a good chance the man could die.

The Tau for the moment seem content to wait, baffled as they are by #66's sudden departure. Their posture is more confident now, though. The odds are in their favor with the removal of the heavy stubber, and they know it. For the first time, the lead Pathfinder spoke without sounding like he was being coached, his voice lighter and carrying a substantial amount of amusement. "Don't worry, Imperial. We don't shoot you until your friends make the wrong move. All you have to do is pray to your God Emperor that they're granted sense, yes? No one shoots, everyone lives. It's that simple."

((Hat, no reaction rolls required at this moment. #66, you have a somewhat lengthy journey ahead of you, being several miles away from the convoy. No reaction rolls required at this moment))

And back in the village . . . Giselle gave a soft sigh. "We knew you'd be coming." She admitted, "My husband is walking the other side of the town with a basket, probably still spouting lines about how the Guardsmen would never do what they did to my daughter. Just luck that I happened to draw someone out first." She accepted his hug with a tired smile, and then backed up a step. "The Tau Commander, we call her the Pale Visor, she assumes you'll do something stupid. So many guardsmen, not much communication . . . Her treaty only lasts so long as the Guard don't hurt anyone. Do you understand?"

((Joseph, No reaction rolls required. Though it does seem that Giselle might be hinting at something.))

The Relief Force (Malcolm, Luca, Lourn, Tick)

Rankin rolled his eyes at Malcolm's threat, and even opened his mouth to respond with something approaching a sneer. But the look in the Junior Commissar's eyes put a stop to that and he simply gritted his teeth instead when the offer was made to hand him over to the rebels.

The Militia man that seemed to be in rough charge of his group seemed ready to resist the Junior Commissar's demands. But then something in his eyes changed as the offer was made to given them Rankin. Hatred sparked in his eyes, and more than that. Revenge. "You . . . give us the bastard that was in charge of the animals that attacked the truck stop . . . Do you want him back?"

He stepped to the side, and then looked to Alaine. "His men killed your mom, Alaine. They beat your aunt. We can take him, make him feel what you felt."

To that, the young girl only shook her head, mute now as she stood as far away from both parties as possible. "This is going to end in blood." She whispered as tears slipped down her dirty cheeks. "I just want mom back. But that can't happen. Why make him suffer too?"

((Militia rolled to oppose. Clever of 2 and a roll of -1 for a grand total of 1. Hatred is blinding. Everyone, no reaction rolls required. The Militia seem willing to let you pass.))
"In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."

(Fates now has too many characters to link easily. Thus follow this handy link to my character thread and go wild. Character List of Doom

Hobbsy

Postby Hobbsy » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:39 pm

Fates End wrote: "The Tau Commander, we call her the Pale Visor, she assumes you'll do something stupid. So many guardsmen, not much communication . . . Her treaty only lasts so long as the Guard don't hurt anyone. Do you understand?"

Joseph ponder on Giselle's words for a moment. Other than the fact that she had been dealing with the enemy, something pricked his attention. It almost sound like the tau wanted them to break the truce. But what good would that do anyone? He could only hope the Halvas was still listening in, he couldn't make heads or tails of it.

"Well, let's hope 'Pale' is wrong about us. I certainly hope we can all get out of this unscratched. There's been enough blood shown around these parts, let alone the planet for that manner." Joseph mused. He hadn't heard any shooting yet, so hopefully, by the Emperor's good graces, it'll remain that way.

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:44 pm

Well they are outside now but with the prisoners being as they are it would seem there would be new orders.
++Scouts to Halvus. Team Outside. Guard prisoners agitating locals. Requesting new mission and concealment priorities. Over++
Last edited by Johannes Wyss von Krieg on Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Warsmith Wolf

Postby Warsmith Wolf » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:22 am

Fates End wrote:The Tau for the moment seem content to wait, baffled as they are by #66's sudden departure.
And depart they did, with gusto and aplomb. Stepping through the culvert, the Grenadier was on the verge of leaving line of sight -
blinddeadmcjones wrote:++"#66, no one gave you the order the vacate your post, hold and return to previous position immediately or you will be found to be hindering the objective."++
- before the unit abruptly stopped stone dead, their ammo belt and rucksack jangling with the sudden cease in momentum.

Seconds passed in silence. Then, as resolutely as they had left, the unit began to steadily backpedal along their route, like a grav-car with its gears abruptly changed from forward to reverse. The shocktrooper was quite literally retracing their own steps.
blinddeadmcjones wrote:++"Hold and return to previous position immediately or you will be found to be hindering the objective."++
The body was following orders as if on autopilot, for the mind was preoccupied. Specifically on one portion of the vox message.
blinddeadmcjones wrote:You will be found to be hindering the objective.
Hindering the objective.
HINDERING THE OBJECTIVE.
And any good Krieger knows what acquisition of that designation will result in.

Whatever inward reaction the Grenadier had had to this was hidden by their mask. Outwardly, the unit simply reversed back into its position in the culvert and reassumed a firing stance, as if absolutely nothing untoward had happened. Whatever the unit agonised over behind that mask, only they could say - and they certainly weren't saying anything.
Ferrum honore veniat.
Personal blog
List of characters

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:09 am

As she figured, the civvie didn’t look good at all. That crazy Krieger really did a number on him. It wasn’t like Hat felt sorry for him, that’s what you get for being a stranger running around in a war zone, but this could be a problem. He needed help. The Tau called out to her, telling her they wouldn’t shoot her unless someone else shot. She was going to ignore them, not really believing them, when some rustling caught her attention. Apparently the Krieger listened for she showed back up and set up her heavy stubber as if she was there the whole time.

++Halvus, this is Hat. So…. the Krieger came back but…. That civvie we let go? He’s in a pretty bad way. Really bad. He really needs a doctor. What do you want to do about it?++ Hat asked.

Order of the Shed Tear

Commissar Cat

Postby Commissar Cat » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:54 am

"I doubt anyone particularly wants him back." Malcolm replied flatly. He watched the militia intently, and observed their motivations drawn to the surface.
"But the girl is smart. Harming an officer in the presence of guard forces would be a trigger to wider violence, regardless of my authority." he stated softly, but without the edge of threat. Simply offering observation.

"So, I suppose what I would request of you, is that once we are done here, and our transports are clear of your village, that you release Rankin to make his own way back, without the support of our convoy."
The young commissar carded his hands behind his back and seemed to consider the horizon.
"It is quite a large forest." again, he simply offered observation.

"You should inform your leader of the arrangement." Lucan nodded, and then returned to the guard.
He started turning his attention to the task at hand, gesturing for Lourn to climb into the Chimera, "We're off!"
Stepping towards one himself, he got ready to depart towards the village.

Lucan's earpiece crackled with a warning of the errant Krieger from Halvus, and the junior commissar sighed.
++ Understood. ++
Turning back to the militia, Malcolm frowned, "There is a chance that one of our Krieg guard may turn up here looking for Rankin. If it does, don't intervene. It won't understand." he actually looked remorseful. The expression fitted him strangely.

He seemed to finally notice Alaine's discomfort, at least for different reasons to the others present. Malcolm inclined his head in thought. Revenge was a simple incentive to sell to others, but it seemed to have disgusted the child.
He didn't understand her revulsion. But he could work around it.
Stepping to one side, but cautious not to get too close, he offered, "Sometimes... It's not about individual pain or revenge, Miss. Sometimes for a village to begin to heal, they just need something to close the wound... Seeing something through, can bring that closure." he looked past her, "To start to rebuild, they have to heal. Be forgiving."

Hoping for once it was actually simple, Lucan strode past Rankin to board and start moving.

blinddeadmcjones

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:25 am

Fates End wrote:Advance Team (Halvus, Erika, Hat, Joseph, #66)

If lieutenant Halvus were to listen oh-so-carefully to her vox for a response to her lengthy instructions in regards to the steel Legion. She would be met with . . . nothing. No click of response, no calls of affirmation, not even a request for repeated orders. The channels Rankin had given her were devoid of any activity. The seconds were passing with alarming speed and the Steel Legion didn't seem to be listening, or perhaps they were unable to hear the message? In either event, only silence greeted her.

Her orders to the Cadians in the square did receive a response, however. Corporal Jackson sounded quite relieved as he and his fellows started pulling back, giving eyes to the woman still sitting like a statue at the edge of the Fountain. ++Roger that, Lieutenant. Falling back to Gallows. Sounds like there's movement inside the building.++

As the squad in the square fell back, Jackson kept his eyes peeled on the doors of the building. They opened slowly and several figures with rifles emerged slowly, hesitantly. They surveyed the area before waving to someone further in the building. Seconds later, a figure in steel Legion garb exited the building with his hands on top of his head. He was followed by one, and then two, and then more and more.

++Lieutenant, looks like they have Steel Legion prisoners . . . counting---at least fifteen, more coming out. No weapons, any orders before the jamming goes back up?++

Johannes Wyss von Krieg wrote:Well they are outside now but with the prisoners being as they are it would seem there would be new orders.
++Scouts to Halvus. Team Outside. Guard prisoners agitating locals. Requesting new mission and concealment priorities++

++make sure they keep their mouths shut and direct them back to our lines, if they start giving attitude to either you or the locals then pull them back in line, cut their tongues out or stab one of the bastards with your bayonet if you have to++ the lieutenant quietly ordered ++scouts are to remain concealed and pull back to the village entrance, keep an eye on the steel legion and likewise if they start causing trouble then deal with them, permanently. Halvus out.++

after giving her orders halvus pondered on the lack of response from the steel legion over the vox, a slight frown beginning to show itself as she considered the possibilities, Rankin is a dead man, going to kill him myself. she thought

LaxKnight wrote:
++Halvus, this is Hat. So…. the Krieger came back but…. That civvie we let go? He’s in a pretty bad way. Really bad. He really needs a doctor. What do you want to do about it?++ Hat asked.

++we don't have any suitable medical personnel and i'd wager the village doesn't either but the tau here might, so you can either do what you can for them and give them their last rites, or hand them over to the tau near you. your call, you won't be held responsible for it either way++

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:51 am

blinddeadmcjones wrote:++scouts are to remain concealed and pull back to the village entrance, keep an eye on the steel legion and likewise if they start causing trouble then deal with them, permanently. Halvus out.++

++Scouts to Halvus. Orders Understood. Out.++

'Like butter scraped over too much bread.' would be a fitting metaphor, even if the team leader wouldn't understand it. Nevertheless, the feeling would be the same. The task being: Maintain Covertness, Watch for Hostiles AND the Steel Legionnaires while staying on the move. The 5 pairs of eyes were not really up for it as they needed to keep attention on every single detail and every single other detail. They needed to concentrate less upon something and allowing it to lapse or win nothing. Tau and their allied Traitors, Gue'vasa, while not known have behaviour patters the Kriegerin could understand and even predict to a small degree like any other foe. The Steel Legionnaires? They are a completely new variable, true they are Imperial Guard but these behavioural patterns are irrelevant to the current situation -they have the most chances to destroy whatever deal the commanders negotiated.

Rolling to Keep Sneaked and Shadowing the Column.
Rolled: 1 +3(Sneaky) +1(Cameleoline Cloak) =5 TOTAL vs 4 SUCCESS!
Rolling to keep an Eye for Hostiles
Rolled: -1+3(Careful) +1(Magnoculars) =3 TOTAL vs 6 FAILURE!
Rolling to Keep an Eye for the Legionnaires
Rolled: 1 +3(Careful) +1(Magnoculars) =5 TOTAL vs 5 SUCCESS!

[[One Free Action Remaining]]

Archer

Postby Archer » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:24 pm

Luca had stayed with the Chimera and quiet, he had orders to protect Rankin but with what had come to light... Well, perhaps it was better he die out here than go back and face whatever punishments the Commissariat would inflict on him. The Lucifer Black knew less about Naris situation and the tensions with the locals than he would have liked but it was his duty to trust his officers and Commissars, right now the Commissar was the only trustworthy man on the mission.

As the others returned to the Chimera Luca had been watching hotshot ready, he wasn't going to take a chance with the militia in front of him. His eyes were focused on the militia, carefully watching them as the others moved towards the vehicle he wasn't sure they were safe but they seemed okay with the deal that had been worked out. This mission seemed to be a lot more than he bargained for... And the more he heard the more he was starting to understand why the guard's job here was so hard with people like Rankin serving.

Luca gave Lucan a small salute as he passed, turning to let his helmets green eyes stared down the officer they were leaving here, Luca was trying to see this from the Militia's perspective as they prepared to depart. He was reminded of the officers that had proven to be spoiled brats of nobles... The older Lucifer's had discussed how a gust of wind or misstep had made sure incompetent officers never lasted long among them. He wondered if the same practice existed out here at all, or if the commissar would be making Rankin never made it home.

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:27 am

blinddeadmcjones wrote:++we don't have any suitable medical personnel and i'd wager the village doesn't either but the tau here might, so you can either do what you can for them and give them their last rites, or hand them over to the tau near you. your call, you won't be held responsible for it either way++

That… wasn’t quite the response Hat was expecting. Give him to the Tau? To Hat that was unacceptable. It was akin to admitting defeat, especially since she would basically be handing the Tau good PR. Quite frankly, if things didn’t become all tricky, touchy-feely, and not shooting each other she would have either left him to die, torture him for information, or gave him the Flame Lord’s Judgement. However, that not only looked bad but probably break their agreement. So, to her, out of the two options she was given there was really only one. Plus it got her away from the crazy Krieger.

++Hat to Halvus, I’m bringing him to you, over,++ she said over the vox. She rubbed her hands for a bit and rolled back on her heels into a squat as she figured out the best to pick him up without breaking him more before she committed. She carefully slid her arms under his legs and under his back, lifted up with her legs, and announced aloud, “I’m taking him to the town!”

With that, Hat started walking over to the town.

Order of the Shed Tear