Great Valmerian Cook-Off and Hunt (OOC Thread)

Airwave communication across the surface of Valmaira
Archer

Postby Archer » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:46 am

Greetings one and all!

This is the OOC for the Hunting event! It's for planning, getting a count of who all will be in the thread and who is playing who.

Rank is irrelevant here so officer, civilian, try your hand. Everyone will use a stub rifle for hunting las guns are great for shooting people, not for clean kills on animals that don't damage the meat. You will be rolling, there is a slightly different method where a D20 will generate what you find as you hunt, some are a comedy thing and some are dangerous. I'm not gonna kill you but you could get hurt. We also have two players who will be... Making things interesting so thanks to them for that.

Secondly, if anyone is interested in being a judge Carolyne will probably need a hand and you get to eat and then tell people how bad or it was!. (Must be okay with consuming meat) Winner gets bragging rights and a little trophy for their bunk. Everyone gets to eat good food so worth it.

If you are interested in joining please post here so I can get a list going and make sure I have everything planned.

As for your equipment, cooking stations have spices and seasonings as well as pans and a supply of water from local taps. Everyone gets a stub rifle that is bolt action and a handful of rounds, these returned at the end of the thread. You can have a sidearm with you but we are hunting this isn't armed conflict.

Finally, I'm considering putting the list of what you can roll up here or on the actual topic thread or keeping it a surprise for once you roll. Feel free to let me know what you think the best idea is!

LaxKnight

Postby LaxKnight » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:27 am

Going to join. Whatever you choose to do with the list is fine.
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

LaxKnight's Character Hub
Order of the Shed Tear

Johannes Wyss von Krieg

Postby Johannes Wyss von Krieg » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:37 am

Joining in as Erika. Training to procure native fauna for nutrition to extent life expectancy for Formations outside logistical Grid. Her catch is expected to be processed into nutritional paste to be distributed to the rest of the company.

Riveris

Postby Riveris » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:57 am

I am in. If we are off worlders do we get something to help identify local food stuffs like herbs or animals?

NicklausOfKrieg

Postby NicklausOfKrieg » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:58 pm

I'll hop in with Corproal Kaila, she could use some trigger time.

Archer

Postby Archer » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:57 pm

Alright. I'll start work on a thread when I have time.