Active Plot Thread - Payback's a Botch

Anywhere within the IG perimeter
User avatar
QuothTheRaven
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:48 am

Postby QuothTheRaven » Wed May 15, 2019 8:55 pm

Image
((roll sneaky 0+2 == 2))
Savin scuttles off into the tumbled ruins of the city, scaling the side of a ruined building to perch on a crumbling section of wall. Unbundling her longlas, the sniper peers through the scope, sweeping the ruined streets and bombed-out houses for signs of the enemy, civilians, or the sewer entrance.
((roll clever -1+1 == 0))

blinddeadmcjones
Posts: 877
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:25 pm
Location: Australia

Postby blinddeadmcjones » Sat May 18, 2019 1:50 am

[[Alric8270: levi, botch rolls
Alric8270 rolls 4u1 = -1 +3 sneaky +1 cameoline = 3
Alric8270 rolls 4u1 = 1 +2 clever = 3]]

keeping his head low, levi darted from cover to cover, deftly working his way through the maze of buildings and rubble, stopping periodically to look around with his magnoculars and listen for out of the ordinary noises and sounds before continuing

Riveris
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:19 am

Postby Riveris » Sat May 18, 2019 2:28 am

Commissar Cat wrote:he took hold of the hand that had tapped him in both off his own. Extending Dug's fingers, he then counted down on them, as he pointed to the drums, "Okay. One, two, three. Three, Dug. That's enough. Pack them up carefully."


Dugs hand was easy for the man to mold and move his fingers as he allowed him to work. His eyes widened as the man spoke as he looked at his fingers then at the drums as he saw the correlation between the two. It amazed him. Keeping his hand that way he would nod admittedly. This is why the Emperor chose them to lead the lights outside the tunnels.

Commissar Cat wrote:The lieutenant let go of the ogryn's hand and patted it to confirm the abhuman was doing a Good Job.


He was brimming with pride as he spoke"Sah yes Sur." He said as he moved to his ammo drums and knelled. He looked at each of them and looked at his hand. The three fingers still standing up in the fold. He touched each one once with a different finger. It all made sense to him now. Truly amazing. He glanced at the ammo drum now loaded into his auto cannon and looked back down at his hand. Thinking for a moment. He pulled his finger down to the number below three what ever that was. The lady commissar would be proud. He will learn the secrets of the numbers between three and...what ever ells it could be.

His ammo tucked away in his pack and drum loaded he stood next to the wise officer that has already taught him so much. He would move quickly to keep pace next to him.

(rolled a 4u1+1=1 on quick.)

User avatar
LaxKnight
Posts: 899
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:23 pm
Location: United States

Postby LaxKnight » Sat May 18, 2019 2:34 am

The Major gave them their target. They were looking for a storm drain. Gabby was chosen to lead a small team to investigate a section of the collapsed street. With a nod of acknowledgment, she waved for Hugot and Mic to follow.

After some distance, Gabby said quietly, “Keep your eyes out for traps too,” before she waved for them to spread out. The Sergeant followed her own order, keeping her eyes out for a storm grate or traps.

[Rolling Clever 2]
Alric1470:4U1+2 → 1( (0 +0 +-1 +0)+ 2)
[Total: 1]
Apparently, I made too many characters. Here they are:

LaxKnight's Character Hub
Order of the Shed Tear

User avatar
Tabitha Maru
Posts: 310
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:44 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Tabitha Maru » Sat May 18, 2019 5:16 am

You'd think running water inside an abandoned building wouldn't be too hard to find, all you'd have to do was to listen for it. Or so you'd think. But it quickly became clear it wouldn't be that easy. The young cadian was trying to follow the major's orders to the best of her ability. Fanning out into the warehouse as the rest of the group headed outside. She wondered what it had been storing before? Certainly wasn't much signs of it now. Food perhaps? Clothing? Candles for worship? It was a pretty big place, it'd be a lot of candles if that was the case. Granted, a city this size would probably go through a lot of candles.

She found the stairs down into the basement blocked by some rubble and set to work clearing herself a path down. Not so much moving it aside as shifting it slightly to the side and stepping over it. More climbing than carrying. Had it been a piece of machinery? Shelves? Some other furniture? Getting past the detritus she glanced into the dark basement.
There was water down here, alright. Unfortunately it wasn't moving. At least not to a perceivable level. It looked like it was deep though, and it was most likely cold. She didn't exactly look forward to stepping into it. Crouching down at the bottom of the stair, just above the water level she looked out into the dark cellar. She reached down and stuck her hands into the water to see if she could feel any movement in the water, seeing if she could identify a current that she couldn't see. Shivering a bit from how cold it was.

"Sir, there's plenty of water down here but I can't really see a source. Do you want me to head down into it and feel around?"

(( Rolled clever:
Tabitha:4U1+2 → -1( (-1 +-1 +0 +-1)+ 2)

Clearly, Tabi's mind is elsewhere and she can't really find much in the dark basement ))
Private Tabitha Maru Image Image - Lieutenant Yudel Eckhardt

Character sheets

Thanks to blinddeadmcjones for the avatar

User avatar
Fates End
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:00 am
Location: Deepest Darkest Montana

Postby Fates End » Sat May 18, 2019 3:52 pm

Wolf hid a predatory smile within his mask at the garish Color Sergeant's actions. Amusement still further was garnered when he realized that his Watchmaster's idiotic tent idea was actually gaining notoriety. But the point of the matter was settled without having to waste a lascharge, and wasn't that what really mattered?

And then the order to move out was given, and the Cadians ceased to be a problem.

The Run? the run was easy. Like a well-oiled machine, the Grenadier's form sprang into motion on command. Once upon a time he would have done this with a hellgun in hand and a powerpack strapped on, but that gun was long-gone. The much lighter lasgun couched carefully in his arm made the movements all the swifter as his heavy boots pounded through the rubble and debris of a wartorn city.

He followed relatively close to the Lieutenant, training instinctively ensuring that he was close enough to attempt to save the man's life if they encountered enemy fire while also being far enough away that if the fool tripped a mine he wouldn't take Wolf with him.

((Rolled Quick to keep pace. 4 +1 =5))
"In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."

(Fates now has too many characters to link easily. Thus follow this handy link to my character thread and go wild. Character List of Doom

User avatar
Zeppo
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:43 pm
Location: Saguenay, Canada

Postby Zeppo » Sat May 25, 2019 6:36 pm

Ema struggles a bit with the cloak, this’s the first time she’s issues one and their uses wasn’t really in the Mordian’s doctrine. Once her kit checked and tested one last time, she refocusses on the Unseen Woman. The mention of a ‘package’ having ring a bell in Ema head, that Gabby has some contraband stuffs she wants to have, or she has some secret agenda for the mission. In any case the Mordian need to keep an eye on her.
As they pass the gate, Ema finish to cover her face and the metal part of her equipment with a black viscous substance. Once on the outside the comportment of the Mordian shift from her straight stance to a more feline one.
Commissar Cat wrote: Pointing to Gabby, Ema, and the Unseen Son nearest to them, he then pointed to a section of collapsed street, banking gently downwards, "You three, check that out."

The Major orders were clear, she follows Gabby and start to investigate the street. Take care to pay attention the multiples threat of collapsed buildings.

[[Alric1593: Ema rolls Clever to search for the drain in Botch]]
[[Alric1593 rolls 4u1 (2) + Clever (0) = 2]]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests